[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - New: Scarran Frigate wip

New: Scarran Frigate wip

The only MOD to bring the fantastic Farscape universe to the best ever space RTS

Moderators: Supernova, Meurig

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:07 am

Those are some majorly high-poly spikes on that engine. [img]smile.gif[/img] Looks good...
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Supernova » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:15 am

Another update [img]smile.gif[/img] about 50% of the forward panels are now detailed, but I have a LOT of detailing left on this blasted sphere [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The "dish" in the middle, which recently has become known as the mouth, is actually a really big weapon. Elegantly named the Scarran Heat Ray ;) The spike things coming off the front are part of that weapon, or atleast we think they are lol. For those who haven't had the chance to see farscape, the Scarrans like things really hot, they even have a heat emitting glad that allows them to cook pretty much anyone they don't like. Anyways, I think I'll get back to detailing, if I can finish the darn sphere I can move on to somthing a little bit more fun, and flat... :D

Yay I'm on the front page! ;) Quite amazing really, allways thought Meurig would be me to it [img]smile.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 08. April 2004, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: Supernova ][/size]
<a href="http://tgu.org.uk/users/farscape" target="_blank">Image</a>
Farscape has been brought back, now, make sure it keeps living. Shout season 5!
Supernova

Postby Supernova » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:17 am

Ok, last update for tonight, got another dozen or so panels detailed [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm about 45% done with the sphere now, unfortantly I stenciled way too many panels, going to take me some time to detail em all [img]smile.gif[/img] Also edge smoother tends to cause a lot of mesh errors, so progress is kind of slow going considering the annoying number of holes I have to find and plug.

Well, its 2:15am, I should probably get some sleep tonight [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<a href="http://tgu.org.uk/users/farscape" target="_blank">Image</a>
Farscape has been brought back, now, make sure it keeps living. Shout season 5!
Supernova

Postby Meurig » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:31 pm

My turn. Big engine venty things!

Meurig

Postby Meurig » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:00 pm

Our normal picture host is having problems, so heres the newest update. The top detailing is done on the engine [img]smile.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 09. April 2004, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Meurig47 ][/size]
Meurig

Postby Supernova » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:21 pm

I'll soon be able to load my new images up, give me 15 or so mintues [img]smile.gif[/img]
Supernova

Postby Supernova » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:51 pm

Anyways heres that update for ya guys;

This side hasn't been shown yet, for obvious reasons [img]tongue.gif[/img] , it'll be one of the next areas I detail.
Supernova

Postby Supernova » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:10 pm

Ok got another update for you all, its not much, but I'm working on it:

The big box on top will be replaced some time down the line, this is just a place holder:

Alot of my work today was on this blasted power conduit:

There's actually more detail at a slightly higher angle, but I was in a slight hurry and didn't think about it intime. Oh these lights aren't actually volumetric, just a bunch of double sided polies and a few gradients [img]smile.gif[/img]
Supernova

Postby Spooky » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:04 am

Very impressive chaps [img]smile.gif[/img]
<b><i><a href="http://www.b5mods.com/" target="_blank">Babylon 5: The Great Wars</a> and <a href="http://www.tgu.org.uk/users/saab/saab/saabhome.htm" target="_blank">Space: Above and Beyond</a>
Mods for Homeworld. GW Mod and Forums kindly hosted by <a href="http://www.tgu.org.uk/" target="_blank">The Gaming Union</a></b></i>
Spooky

Postby Meurig » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:12 am

I overwrote my last picture when I uplaoded the new update, so just look at the last full sized image to see the finished sides. Just the bottom left to detail now [img]smile.gif[/img]
Meurig

PreviousNext

Return to Farscape Mod