Farscape: Chronicles

The only MOD to bring the fantastic Farscape universe to the best ever space RTS

Moderators: Supernova, Meurig

Supernova

Post by Supernova » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:22 am

In a week or so I'm going to be assigned a project for my intro to c++ class. Its suppose to be a simple game, most likely a console game with some ascii art. However, I've decided to go over board.. I've been teeching myself c/c++ and opengl over the past month or so (to work on the Homeworld:Source project(s)) and I've decided to try and write an isometric civ's clone set in the Farscape Universe. I have some doubts about completing the full game before Dec 17th (which is the deadline), although that shouldn't be too much of a problem. As long as I have a simple sprite engine written and a way to score points/win by then I'll get full points and then some...

I'm a bit ill at the moment, and really haven't done too much coding with the project yet, still getting my ideas written down. Today I decided to come up with a decent UI for the game. If any of you are interested heres what I came up with:
Please keep in mind this is a rough sketch of what the game could look like, colors style etc will probably change...

If you have any comments or suggestions (for the game, or UI) go ahead and make them. I plan on updating this thread quite a bit in the next few weeks.
<a href="http://tgu.org.uk/users/farscape" target="_blank">Image</a>
Farscape has been brought back, now, make sure it keeps living. Shout season 5!

deathblane

Post by deathblane » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:15 pm

That's pretty impressive. If I have any good ideas I'll let you know but you seem to have made a good start already [img]smile.gif[/img]

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:57 pm

Yes, thats exactly what I meant!

Got to say though, either make the consoley bits bigger, or make the text bigger, or change the font, theyre a little hard to read as is. Otherwise the interface is just right.

Supernova

Post by Supernova » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:51 am

Yeah, I thought the text was a bit hard to read. However upping the font size screws up some sizing things (I like being able to see most of the screen easily) so I'll probably just change it to a clearer font.

Return to “Farscape Mod”