[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - PK carrier v2 WIP

PK carrier v2 WIP

The only MOD to bring the fantastic Farscape universe to the best ever space RTS

Moderators: Supernova, Meurig

Postby deathblane » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:07 pm

Sweet [img]smile.gif[/img]

So which carrier are you making. The V2 or the V3? Or are you going to do both?
deathblane

Postby Meurig » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:18 pm

V3, but with optional frag cannons included.

[size="1"][ 03. November 2004, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Meurig ][/size]
Meurig

Postby Meurig » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:17 am

Some more.

Meurig

Postby Sheriden » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:31 am

sweet, so what does the v3 carrier have on the rings if no frag cannons are there??

and didn't the flagship have a red paint scheme?
Sheriden

Postby Meurig » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:34 am

It didn't have anything in place of them, there were just gaps between the rings.

And the flagship was no redder than the normal carrier, it just had weird bumps on its back. I could have mentioned that the V2 and V3 have significantly more red texturing than the old V1, which just had a couple of triangles and a 'K' on the side of the head.
Meurig

Postby Meurig » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:34 pm

I think the bottom of the bottom ring is now completely detailed. I'm wondering whether to texture the rings when I finish them, before I move onto the body or just do all the modelling first, my idea being that its going to be quite poly intensive once finished, and so harder to work with.

Luckily, the upper ring has a lot less detail than this one ;) So now I have the top side of the lower ring, and the inner rim to detail before moving onto the top ring. 185k-ish for the lower ring as it is there.

I also intend to model frag cannon turrets, despite their being removed on the PK Wars version of the carrier, they're too nice a detail to be left out completely, so I'll just leave them as an optional addon.

Meurig

Postby Meurig » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:49 pm

Inner rim is detailed.

Meurig

Postby Meurig » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:59 pm

Top side of the lower ring, and through duplication the bottom side of the top one is done. It's significantly less detailed than the bottom side, so I think this is okay. Just got to do the detailing of the top side of hte top ring now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Meurig

Postby Meurig » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:46 am

Since I know there are millions of people here anxious to see them, here are the two latest updates. TGU wasnt up when I wanted to post them.

Finished the rings at just over 1 million polys.

And an almost done frag cannon.

Meurig

Postby Meurig » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:46 pm

Finished cannon, put between the rings. I've also moved the rings closer together, the later carrier versions seem more wide than high.

Meurig

PreviousNext

Return to Farscape Mod