[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - PK carrier v2 WIP

PK carrier v2 WIP

The only MOD to bring the fantastic Farscape universe to the best ever space RTS

Moderators: Supernova, Meurig

Postby Meurig » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:26 pm

Finally got around to starting this, which has been on my to-do list for a good long time now. With the miniseries on my PC, I have a fair bit of reference to make the new version a vast improvement over the first (as if that were difficult).

Meurig

Postby Shadegrown » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:54 am

Wow, nice wip! :rolleyes:
Shadegrown

Postby Meurig » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:49 pm

Don't kid yourself, getting the 200 sided ring the right shape is an important part, my V1's was completely wrong and its one of the things that kept changing on the show's model.
Meurig

Postby Meurig » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:21 pm

First bit of detailing.

Meurig

Postby Gust0o » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:23 pm

So we're looking at very fine detailing then?
Gust0o

Postby Shadegrown » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:21 pm

That's very impressing ring! :D
Shadegrown

Postby Meurig » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:05 am

Had a pressing uni deadline for today, hence the lack of updates in the past few days. It's past now though, and I've done a little more on the ring detailing.

Meurig

Postby Sheriden » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:42 am

schweet one of my fave farscape ships!

[edit] oh yea, almost forgot to ask... i recall m47 saying the command carrier from the mini series didn't feature frag cannons on the rings... so what exactly did it have for guns?... and on a side note, the original command carrier, were the frag cannons it's only guns? or did it feature smaller point defense weapons too?? sorry if this is a hassle, just curious

[size="1"][ 03. November 2004, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Sheriden ][/size]
Sheriden

Postby Meurig » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:38 am

No hassle, I enjoy explaining them, helps the modelling... or something ;)

The carrier has gone through three incarnations.

Version 1, seen in series 1 and 2, simplish model, and it seemed frag cannons were the only offensive weapons, or they were the only ones shown anyway. It also had a defence shield, but thats not been seen since either. About 4km long.

Version 2, seen in series 3 and 4. Unbelievably complex model, frag canons and hundreds of smaller guns around the belly part of it, seen firing in some eps, and just seen in flybys in others, as well as the frag cannons. 8km long.

Version 3, from the miniseries. Looks fairly similar to version 2 model wise, barring the now non-existant frag turrets. It's a little more detailed in places, other bits have changed slightly, but its essentially the same. I actually think it might be a little bigger than the v2, moya was tiny next to one, but it might just be because it was shown from a different angle. If it is bigger, it isnt by much.

Carriers arent actually seen firing at all in the miniseries, all the firing is done by the smaller PK ships, and by the scarrans.

And then theres the Peacekeeper flagship, which is a modified carrier. Actually not a particularly exciting change, it just has a funky set of lumps on its back. I will kitbash this model for a flagship one when its done.
Meurig

Postby Meurig » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:13 pm

Done a little more in the 90 minute break between today's university classes just. I forgot to turn the surface colour down for the radiosity, but I don't have time to re-render it just now.

More later [img]smile.gif[/img]

Meurig

Next

Return to Farscape Mod