Just a thought

The only MOD to bring the fantastic Farscape universe to the best ever space RTS

Moderators: Supernova, Meurig

d

Post by d » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:49 pm

The game nexus uses lwo format and can support high poly modules maybe you can import your modules into this game to just a thought.

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:12 pm

Neither of us have it. I know StressPuppy was raving about the moddability of it recently though, so perhaps its worth a look.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:32 pm

Raving about the moddability of a game that has yet to be released is always a bad idea. Not to mention getting excited in any way about a game that's been under development as long as this has, under as many names... ;)

The Nexus demo has left me even more unimpressed than I already was with the game--you don't actually control your ship, for example. All you can do is set an intercept course for another ship or run away from it...

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:28 pm

Not true. You can also select which weapon to target what ship with, while making sure that all point defense weapons are knocked out before you launch your bombers.
It's not as simple as you make it out to be, though there is a steep learning curve. (I'm hoping for an indepth tutorial in the full game) ;)

Supernova

Post by Supernova » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:31 am

Well I'm one of the few with the modding tools (although thats probably a surprise to meurig [img]tongue.gif[/img] and while I do like the game, and how forginving error wise it is to modding, I really don't think farscape will work too well for it. The game is designed more around tactics instead of empire building etc. Numbers are an important part of Farscape battles. Nexus however (also known as Galaxy andromeda, and IG3) has battles with no more then 20 - 25 ships (and thats a big battle!). 20 - 25 ships was probably 1/4 of the dreadnoughts on the Scarran side in the last battle of PKW... While I think Nexus may be a fun game - and a wonderful tool for developing multi-taskings skills--trying to manually control and position 6 ships while fireing each of their weapons and actually keeping control of the situation kinda has that effect--I don't really think its right for Farscape.

@TONV -- the first act (of 6) is tutorial

[ 26. October 2004, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Supernova ]

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:12 pm

Good to know. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:37 am

Just started playing this game, and I'm tempted, I must say...

Return to “Farscape Mod”