End Of Camp.

Online Play By Mail Campaign using VGA Planets Code

Moderators: SL EmperorHonvik, reapernoire

Grumfoss

Post by Grumfoss » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:00 am

Well since there is such a feeling of apathy about playing VGA4. I would like to officially declare the Seige camp. over.

The winners are :- Marshall Gaunt UEA 3pts
Marshall Grumfoss UEA 3 Pts

everyone else got zero.
...May The Foss Be With You...

Sushi Master

Post by Sushi Master » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:23 pm

Oh well, too bad this wasn't as big as GAW was when it first came out. Good job everyone.
The winners are :- Marshall Gaunt UEA 3pts
Marshall Grumfoss UEA 3 Pts
That was expected. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:15 pm

Wouldn't have been expected if you bunch of morons hadn't spent the whole campaign "building up my forces" You are all a bunch of soft muppets!!!!!!! I have got to admit I am fed up with every game that is played has never been completed cause no one gives a flying toss about this game apart from a very select few. I have more fun playing this game on my bloody own!

Sushi Master

Post by Sushi Master » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:10 am

Good point, but think about how much fun it would be once all the 'building up' is done and we start attacking. [img]tongue.gif[/img] It would have been an UAE gangrape I think.

Plus we aren't suicidal lke some people and actually think. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ;)

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:02 pm

Yes Sushi, point explained.

SL EmperorHonvik

Post by SL EmperorHonvik » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:14 pm

And how long does it take to build up? ever think half the time the build up phase actually bores people? and Curse U QUIT before we even get to that stage and complain caus someone is too big compared to u etc etc I think your perspective is flawed.

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:55 pm

Ummm hmmmm, why arent you playing?

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:23 pm

I led a charge and the rest of you decided it wasn't worth it!! Has it occurred to anyone that if we all got together we were more than a match for their fleets????? obviously not. Everyone here is more of a cocoon who doesn't give a crap about the game only themselves! I am going to play a game with REAL players!

Sushi Master

Post by Sushi Master » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:24 am

And how long does it take to build up? ever think half the time the build up phase actually bores people?
Yes, you have a point there Honvik. But we didn't have much of a choice. The UEA were much larger and more powerful than all of us, we didn't stand a chance early on in the game, so we were left with no choice but to build up. As you said, this phase bores people, I know. I think that's the reason this camp died, people got bored and didn't bother to do their turns. (I was one of those people, I admit it) I'm not sure how the other camps worked out so well, I guess since it was a new game and there were lots of people it was more interesting. People were active, on the boards and ingame. Hell, I think the last camp would have worked out if people didn't start whining about you being away and not doing turns etc.
I led a charge and the rest of you decided it wasn't worth it!! Has it occurred to anyone that if we all got together we were more than a match for their fleets????? obviously not. Everyone here is more of a cocoon who doesn't give a crap about the game only themselves! I am going to play a game with REAL players!
By this time, I lost all interest in the game and didn't bother with turns to be honest. I'm sure the same happened to the other people. With all of us teamed up against them we would have won easily, yes. But wasn't there a limit to only 1 ally? I'm not sure, but I didn't really like that the only way to gain points was to kill UAE ships/bases.

[ 23. October 2004, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: Sushi Master ]

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:33 pm

You dont get points for killing UEA ships.
Slarti, do you know how hard it is to organise combined assualts and with half of you at work or uni or school its even harder.

Return to “A Galaxy at War PBM”