This is ridiculous

Online Play By Mail Campaign using VGA Planets Code

Moderators: SL EmperorHonvik, reapernoire

Grumfoss

Post by Grumfoss » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:41 am

Oh Curse.

The whole point of this game was to have small engagements, with fleets attacking unguarded planets, picking off unsupecting fleets. Not as you seem to want it, loads of everything. With your starting conditions being several planets with 10's of millions of colonists and more minerals than you can possible use. In my opinion you are just a powergamer, a gamer with no strategy you will only do something if you have the biggest fleet( And that fleet having the largest ships available), Go and play games like EVR and GCO and don't play VGA we don't need little 'People' who complain if the game isn't going their way. If I remember rightly in all the other games of VGA you are the one who always abandons his empire when things are not going his way, In the first camp. I believe you were the Feddies, you didn't like it so instead of playing with what you had you just stopped playing and demanded a new camp. In camp. 2 you played UA you did well, you took out Slarti's Homeworld and then Slim and others kicked your fleets ass. You sent millions of colonists off world and basically gave up. In the last Camp. you did absolutly nothing but complain about turns. In my opinion you shoulds stop wingeing and learn how to play.

Maybe when you grow up you will understand what I have just written and if you EVER get a job (Not flipping burgers at Macdonalds) you might understand what work commitments are!

Oh yes why haven't you done your turn!! surely this isn't another game where you are going to abandon your empire is it??

[ 18. October 2004, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Grumfoss ]

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:50 am

Curse, 3 of my ships agains one of Grums is not the act of a man without a brain it is the act of a man who KNOWS this is a game and wants to get stuck in to it. This whole campaign is about skirmish fighting. Quick in and quick out with commando fleets. I fell foul of a little problem... I moved my ships too far from each other and Grum took advantage of that and fairly and won some small battles. The whole point of this game was to give everyone enough ships to get started fighting straight away and to eliminate basically the first 20 turns of buildup.

NO ONE BUT ME APPEARS TO HAVE A BRAIN!!!!! especially you Curse. Stop the whinging and START THE ATTACK!!!!!!

as for the rest of you. GET THE BLOODY TURNS DONE!!!! a turn a week is too long for me!!!!!

ATTACK UEA AND LETS SEE IF WE CAN ELIMINATE THEM BEFORE THE END OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!

Edit: Break out on the asbestos suits and flamethrowers folks :D

[ 18. October 2004, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Slartibartfast ]
"Late as in the Late DentArthurDent, It's a sort of a threat, you see. I've been told they can be very effective."

Osiris

Post by Osiris » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:13 am

Me and Slarti can cope with turns we're two of the only people who have got our turns in
... I thought my turns were in in time too ...

reapernoire

Post by reapernoire » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:18 am

Originally posted by Osiris:
Me and Slarti can cope with turns we're two of the only people who have got our turns in
see the bold, it means i'm talking about more than two people READ THE POSTS PEOPLE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg
*runs round arms flaying*, me and slarti were mentioned because thats the ones curse directed his comments at

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:35 am

I did think about it before i posted, i am to LAZY to send my turn in. This camp is over, what can i ahcieve in the alst few turns? My dam fleet cant reach you, will take atleast 7 turns.

Yeah your right Honvik and Grum, i aint worthy of playing this game because im a powergamer. Sorry guys, one less person to worry about sending in the turns. If there ever is a camp that runs like the originals then ill play, but only if the turn times are managed. Yes i didnt send my turn in Gaunt, no need to sya it again in the next post.

Ta.

*Edit* before i forget Grum, since your so smart. Since when in history has size of your fleet and army ect not mattered? The Empire is a powergamer, General Haig was a power gamer, Hitler was a power gamer ect. They all had troops like pawns and loved to outnumber the enemy. The only time i havnt seen powergaming is when Bush invaded Iraq recently with a small army.
BTW powergaming, i know is not the term, but lets just say it is and that the average player likes big armies.
Also RTW, tell me, you like having a bigger army tha the enemy, i know that, everyone does, only if you ahve elefphants does it not matter.
Small skirmishes are made, i did them to in the previous camp.

[ 18. October 2004, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: CurseUppl ]

Grumfoss

Post by Grumfoss » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:38 am

bye - Yea I was right another Camp. where Curse quits.

A Quick edit... Well curse to answer your first question.

Well if you look back in history, it is not always the case that the larger army/fleet wins. Some examples are :-
1) The Battles By Julius Ceasar in Gaul - He was usually outnumbered 3:1. (Battle of Alesia for example)
2) The English at the Battle of Agincourt, again out numbered.
3) The Battle of Britain.
The list goes on. What made these battles victories for the underdog was that their commanders had a better understanding of tactics.

The little bit about Hitler as a powergamer, you are quite correct he was a powergamer and look what happened to him!

With regards to the RTW comment, I would like to say that a bigger army does not necessarily mean an easier victory. A huge army of peasants Vs A couple of units of cavalry and infantry would usally mean a victory for the small army. (Unless the commander was a complete plank.)

In VGA Curse, especially in this game, all races started roughly about the same strength. So sitting there building your forces for 30 turns is irrelevent if everyone is doing the same. If you just want battles with huge fleets just play with Diplomat and build whatever fleets you want and fight them.

[ 18. October 2004, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Grumfoss ]

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:41 am

This camp is NOT over. I still have breath left in my body and ships left in my space and I WILL expect to see everyone over Gaunt's and Grums Homeworlds. If this means extending the game by 2 or 4 or even MORE turns, I reckon we should.
We shall meet, sirs, on the battlefield!
"Late as in the Late DentArthurDent, It's a sort of a threat, you see. I've been told they can be very effective."

Osiris

Post by Osiris » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:05 pm

a well, my fault. Sorry Reaper!!!

Btw: I thought my turn was in?!?!? Didn't I send it (really, can't remember!)

reapernoire

Post by reapernoire » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:32 pm

no no dude your turn is in

Return to “A Galaxy at War PBM”