reapernoire

Post by reapernoire » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:06 am

Just seeing if everyones happy with the setup we're planning on going with

[ 22. August 2004, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: reapernoire ]
Only in Death Does Duty end
-Gaunts Ghosts-

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:59 pm

May i suggest that allies, since there is only one per player can start together?

Drennar

Post by Drennar » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:42 pm

I'm the one that voted no to the hull plan trading because there wasn't a third option [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Personally I'm OK with it so long as its smaller vessels and not SSDs or Virgos or something that SEVERELY outbalances things. Somebody wants to trade a barbitic mine layer for a grav well minelayer I'm fine with that.

Osiris

Post by Osiris » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:23 am

Originally posted by Drennar:
I'm the one that voted no to the hull plan trading because there wasn't a third option [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Personally I'm OK with it so long as its smaller vessels and not SSDs or Virgos or something that SEVERELY outbalances things. Somebody wants to trade a barbitic mine layer for a grav well minelayer I'm fine with that.
Hm, imo the SSD or Virgo Trading won't occur, for there are no races in the Game that are that strong. Or did I get something wrong? ... hmm, I believe reaper said something like: "Only the weaker races should be allowed" or something likle that...and besides: I'm playing the solorians ;) Their plans can'T be traded or stolen, nor can their ships be captured easily (they get severe damage every turn,when no solorians are onboard). Therefore: Hull Plan trading doesn't bother me [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 23. August 2004, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: Osiris ]

Drennar

Post by Drennar » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:50 am

Yea I know their won't be any of the heavy races but all I'm saying is that I don't like it when the biggest/best ships are being traded around.. the lesser ships like tech 6 and below won't throw the balance of power out the window which is why i'm saying that i don't mind trading those ones... However, seeing as there's probably only gonna be 1 ally each I guess the hull trading won't get outta hand.

SL EmperorHonvik

Post by SL EmperorHonvik » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:46 pm

I totally dont agree with ship trading unless by capture of stolen one of the MAJOR issues with the current game and why it is boring now is everyone is at stale mate partly caus plans where switched when they shouldnt be. Even the smallest plans have a huge impact.

mainly urs and slims Drenner and curses and Osiris's........

Trading Natives for a race who hates natives (amorphus on slims homeworld in millions which should neve rhappen) to mine fields stoping warp's (i.e what Drenner has minesweepers etc).

Osiris

Post by Osiris » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:18 pm

Erm, Honv: This poll is about the new Mini- Camp thingy Grumfoss and Reaper want to start. My plans are not tradeable there ;) And in the other campI Totally agree with not trading plans, cause you can have as many allies as you like. Here you only have one ally, and sure as hell don't want to trade with him a) Your best plans (and give him the best imaginable knife in his hands to stab in your back when you'Re no longer of any use to him [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img] ) b) Won't sure as hell treade your plans to your enemies. :D

Just my thoughts [img]smile.gif[/img]

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:41 am

I like stalemates :D
Stalemates are meant to be broken and when they get broken, they sure as hell do with a big bang.

Grumfoss

Post by Grumfoss » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:29 am

The Problem with Hull trading is that if you disallow it, the spying option is removed! I personally like the idea of stealing plans ( I was really looking forward to building my very own Super Gorbie, but when the hull trading function was switched off the plans dissapeared. :( )

If you ban hull trading no stealing by spys is possible.
If you do not ban hull trading stealing is possible.

I would say plan trading should be allowed, but just don't do it! [img]smile.gif[/img] - let the spies earn their keep!!
( Its the only thing spies are any good for IMO)
...May The Foss Be With You...

Return to “A Galaxy at War PBM”