Homecoming.

Moderators: Darth1o9, Calavan, Dilber

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:25 pm

Trying to get a fragging map converter that NOT ONLY converts the map, but also the starting locations and starting fleets.
So far can only convert the map :(

Edge_28

Post by Edge_28 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:25 am

Its not all that hard to chagne starting fleets by hand though is it?

I havent actually looked at it...but I kinda need to to make it easier to test the stuff I put in game. I assume that starting position is in there somewhere too...

I am not saying that it would be the way to go for ever....but if its the only thing holding you up perhaps learning the old "fix it in notepad" method would help.

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:34 pm

Fix it in the notepad effort?

Well yeah, it pretty much is the only thing holding us back. Battles need to be fought in HW2: Star Wars Warlords and the old app produces a HW1 map with HW1 starting points and starting ships.
Was hoping if anyone knew some coding to create a thing that could allow players to start with pre made fleets.
I wouldn't mind plotting in the ships needed manually into this app that then compiles it into a file that Warlords will recognise and then send the file to the players who need it.
Would be nice, then a camp will get going.

*edit* been looking for the starting position file, cant really find it. It isnt so important though, whats important is getting some app to create premade fleets or one that can completly convert all the HW1 stuff (map, starting pos and starting shit) into a HW2 recognisable file.

[ 22. April 2005, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: CurseUppl ]

Edge_28

Post by Edge_28 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:18 pm

Let me get over my hangover and I'll go figure it out for you. Least I should be able to ask someone who knows how to change starting fleets. (its a file in /data/scripts) lol. I just really cant comprehend it in my current post-inebriated state.

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:24 am

Great! We are pretty much ready, just need something like that :D

slim31r

Post by slim31r » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:30 pm

Welcome back Calvan :cool:

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:12 pm

why not just create new maps rather than use the ones the app makes, after all it will wont be ablt to create ships that arnt in the hw mod

bob_2010

Post by bob_2010 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:20 pm

welcome back cal!

it should be a fairly simple affair to make a java app that could make the maps as long as the hw2 map files have a fairly regular format.
ill take a look at it.

Calavan

Post by Calavan » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:39 am

thanks bob, edge and slim. Curse, you deleted the Lord Calavan account but you never activated the Calavan account. I still can't log into the first one, and I'm a little hesitant to try to make another because we'll be back where we started.

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:39 am

Grah, evil PHP lol.. Looking into it, stupid php :D
alright Cal, i deleted both of them now.
Create a new one, going to disable the dum account activation :D Shouldnt be any problems now.

Yeah thats true.. we dont need a map converter [img]tongue.gif[/img] but like bob said, need some sort of map creator then.. Ohhh yeah, like a scenario creator!
We need a HW2 scenario creator that will be compatible with SW: Warlords mod..
It basically needs to be like the mission generator in EvR app, make it easy to add in the ships, position and players. Then all it needs to do is create a big black space map. I put it in a zip file and post it on the forums, the players download it and fight the battle. Just like old times :D

Also need a feature that allows me to put in new ships as Warlords isnt finished development..

I probably repeated what you guys thought, but just checking :D

*edit* Just asking, but can any of you guys code such an app? According to Darth, Eville has a beta version of it, so we could use that. But if we cant, can any of you do it?

[ 26. April 2005, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: CurseUppl ]

Return to “Galactic Conquest Discussion”