New GCO!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: Darth1o9, Calavan, Dilber

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:54 pm

RIghto y'all pittyful holes, YOU SUCK!!!!
Erm, just kidding :D
Well Rgreat hauled some ass and got us an almost completed app, so thanks Rgreat [img]smile.gif[/img] He also got us the source for it.
Felth also been working his fingers off sending emails [img]tongue.gif[/img] and well EvilleJedi has allowed us to use his mod for the battles!!!!
He also said he would assist in code completion.
Me, Felth and Sushi been reworking the whole vp system and I feel you guys are going to like it, anyways its on a need to know basis [img]tongue.gif[/img] to avoid broken promises ;)
Oh and before Felthy boy does start bickering, it was all his idea [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.curseuppl.com

Some general info there, not much though
(BTW thank you Cas for the layout, it looks awesome) also on the front page and in the files section you will find a download link for the new GCO app, as i said it isnt completed, but just look at the graphics!! I can feel its gonna be great.
On an even brighter note, posted a topic on SWR forums and been doing some advertising in the hopes we can drag lots of new players in.
I would atleast expect some of you ol' vets to be interested to join too, especially to help the new guys.
The forum will be set up on my server and also will see if I can get in a live chat room (shouldnt be to hard, depends on the lag) and also the game will be running on my server.
One more thing, it seems like we might have a GCO test camp (with the normal app) to try out the new system and see how it goes, a few tweaks here and there.
What I can promise is that (unless something really bad happens to the new GCO app and mod) that we will get this thing running ;)
So pop your heads in on the above link, gonna post some updates there too.
Mail me for feedback on the app or just post it here
another thing, if you wanna help, not sure how, but if you offer it, it will be considered.

*edit* My mail is eternal_apocalypse(at)nickersonm.com
(unless you are really dum, you wont need to read this bit, please repace the (at) with @.

[ 06. January 2005, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: CurseUppl ]

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:59 pm

Oh I almost forgot, if we decide to run a test campaign using normal app, promise you we can have it running by the end of next week [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06. January 2005, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: CurseUppl ]

Casious

Post by Casious » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:55 pm

If there is a list, put my name on it =].

Well done lads.

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:00 pm

FYI the installer is broken (no text, just ?'s), and the files are the same source rgreat sent me... If you really are able to find someone to complete the app, great, I'll be looking forward to it.

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:38 am

Yep Nickersonm,
Eville said he and his friend would work on it!! Isn't that great? :D

*edit* Yeah installer broken, but I am sure you can manage to find the "Next" button, no? ;)

[ 07. January 2005, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: CurseUppl ]

rgreat

Post by rgreat » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:11 pm

Well, people.
Its not very wise to upload the app WITH sources for free download.

Unless you like to fight with cheaters. ;)

This supposed to be a multiplayer game.

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:42 am

Lol okay, will pull it off in a few days [img]smile.gif[/img] or you can tell me which files are the source and i will make another zip with only the play files in it.

*edit* Rgreat cant you finish the app??! :D We are all desperate for an awesome game of GCO. Unless Darth can get Eville to do it, but he hasnt replied yet.

[ 10. January 2005, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: CurseUppl ]

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:38 pm

You said that Eville already agreed, not that he hasn't replied yet.

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:34 am

He did agree, Felth mailed him the app.
Waiting for reply.

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:45 am

ok about Eville, he has agreed i have spoken with him AIM. He said that he has a mate that would interested in working on the. Eville is also very interested on working on it however he is still working on the next version of his mod. Eville did say he would be able to debug it and would like to also have a play with the app. But he doing alot of work on the next version of his mod. And from what i have seen (from the excel file i sent me) its going to play alot different. Also the next version will have a executer thats 100% done and a sov thats 80% done.

The republic supership is about 10% sadly.

As for the price system is going to be alot higher than any other GCO or EVR campaign, but the ships will be well worth what you pay for them. I have been abit distracted from GCO for the last few days cos i ran outta weed and having been having problems getting any. If anyone mails me some we might be able to start sooner ;)

Also nick the installer isnt broken, i know it has all them ???? but i just clicked a random one and it installed, muzt be cos of the stage regreat left it in or cos he put that together in a rush. Oh and Rgreat is going to be playing GCO, which will be handy.

The app status is basicly it requires some code for doing turns and some work on the server. I dar say the test campaign will give us plenty of time to decide if the prices are fair and maybe even get some new features into the app. Perhaps some that are in rebellion :D

Right i will talk to eville on AIM in a sec. See what he has to say.

*edit* ohh and if anyone fancies making a eclipse model for eville then it might make it into the next campaign. what are people feelings on world devastators?

[ 13. January 2005, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Darth1o9 ]

Return to “Galactic Conquest Discussion”