Hw2 campaign shiplist (beta) Updated 26th May 2004

Moderators: Darth1o9, Calavan, Dilber

Turgidson

Post by Turgidson » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:09 pm

1°) I mean that it's Rgreat's app that's gonna be the important point. GCO is just the name of the campaign that some people here want to make with that app, but maybe he'll allow other people to do their own campaign on other servers, etc... and these campaigns won't be called "GCO", although using the same applications.

2°) I wasn't talking about just adding ships, cuz it can go far beyond that. Have you ever thought of mid-life upgrades, for example ? There's really a lot that can be done, just with scripting, although reusing the same HOD file.

[piss mode ON]
3°) And, especially, the stuff is NOT about adding "YOUR OWN" ships (nor "my own", nor "anybody's own"). I know what you've done to keep the thing alive and even relive it, and I really thank you for that (yes, frankly, I do thank you for that), but if some people here want to make it their own little playtool, then I guess I'd have to ask Rgreat to allow me to use his app, and I'd set my own little game, my own little way, at least if I have the time. I really wouldn't like to feel I'd have to do that, but if GCO's self-proclaimed "dev team" goes it "my own way or the highway", then I'll really take the highway.
[piss mode OFF]

Sorry if this shocked you, but, well... I know it's exagerated, but exageration ensures the post is read.

I really think there shall be concertation about shiplist, to enhance strategic options as much as possible. And we shall quit the "I'd want that cuz I think it's cool" stance. Don't just think it, prove it. And everyone will be convinced.

[ 18. April 2004, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Turgidson ]

Calavan

Post by Calavan » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:49 pm

well, in darths defense when he said 'me own' ships, i think he was talking about any ships that we (being the community, not the dev team) wanted to add to the sim. He just has shit grammer ;)

I'm personally trying to keep stuff pretty democratic, but if its a really devisive issue with pretty much equal support the devs get the deciding vote. (that being said, i don't really know if i consider myself a dev, as i havn't done anything to further the project besides getting C.5 going and GMing it)

btw, I'm not quite sure i understand your 'heroic crappiness vs strategy game' thing. Can you elaborate a little?

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:15 pm

I believe he is pointing out that the SW universe is more suited to RPG-type play (single people and single ships players are super-strong and kill lots of weak enemies), than to strategic play (lots of equal-strength ships and strategic decisions to get in a better position than the other person).

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:42 pm

*EDITED*
hmm, think i read turgs post in the wrong frame of mind, turg this is a game for everyone, if it was our way or the high way, we wouldnt of listened to a single one of your ideas and changed them to meet in the middle, if anything you are the one trying to make this you little play thing, do not be at all rude to people trying to get this thing going as we do not get paid to, remeber that before you start to mouth off. And ims sorry i phrased on bit wrong and you start talking crap, please think more before you make comments. If if see this topic go down hill anymore it shall be close. thankyou

[ 19. April 2004, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: Darth1o9 ]

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:47 am

Are you going to make the maps by hand?

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:51 am

maps for what....

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:55 am

For HW2 battles...

Kyp678

Post by Kyp678 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:19 pm

Oh turgy!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] When you gettin net back? We sooooo need you here again, lol.

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:50 pm

yeah..... [img]graemlins/eekus.gif[/img]

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:47 am

yeah as for hw2 battle, yeah unless i find a map maker they will have to be done by hand, im gona ahve to speak with eville about, and i i found the end battle log file, so thats all good

Return to “Galactic Conquest Discussion”