[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - mod locations

mod locations

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby adiemus2003 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:24 am

Sorry to edit, but i figured this would be a good topic to sticky [img]smile.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 20. August 2003, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
adiemus2003

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:12 am

Yes, you can. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll start with the Cataclysm mods, since you posted in this forum, and go strictly in chronological order within the Star Trek Universe:

1. Beyond the Final Frontier, available from . BTFF is set in the 2.5-year period between the end of original "Star Trek" series and "Star Trek: The Motion Picture." In it, the Federation faces an invasion from a race called the Kelvans, conquerors from the Andromeda Galaxy who have spent nearly 300 years getting here--and they don't plan on making it a round trip. ;) For those that dont know who the "Kelvin" are, watch the original series episode "By any other name" That will give you some idea of who the Fed's r gonna be dealing with. Current version should be (mostly) SP compatible.

2. The Wounded, available from... oh, God, where did I put this thing now... . Set about ten years before Season One of "Star Trek: The Next Generation," TW is set in the thick of the Federation/Cardassian war alluded to in the TNG episode of the same name. Not designed for an SP campaign.

3. Into the Light, not yet available anywhere. Set, oh, five to ten years after "Nemesis," ITL will feature the Federation vs. the Borg. IMO, it's the mod that Cataclysm was made for. ;)

4. The super-secret "official" SOA team Cat mod, of which pretty much nothing more can be said.

There are also a couple of Homeworld mods about, which you may or may not be familiar with. Again, I'll go in chronological order:

1) Innocence and Wrath, available from . Also set during the TOS/TMP gap, but based much more on TOS. IAW features a war between the Federation and the Klingon/Romulan alliance seen in Season 3 of TOS.

2) Honor and Glory, currently available from HAG was planned to be the first of a trio of Motion-Picture-era mods; HAG was to be Federation vs. Klingon, Neutral Zone ws to be Federation vs. Romulan, and there was also to be a Klingon vs. Romulan mod whose name escapes me. There's been a little HAG work going on of late, but no idea if the others are still in development.

3) Sacrifice of Angels, at . SOA is pretty much the grandaddy of all Trek HW/HWC mods, and can claim the rare honor of having had at least three different names. ;) Originally part of a planned ST vs. SW mod, it soon became known as "FRK" (Federation-Romulan-Klingon) to represent the alliance seen during DS9's Dominion War. The team then came up with "Sacrifice of Angels" (IIRC, a DS9 episode title) as something that sounded a lot cooler. ;) It's only through the good graces of the SOA team that TW and ITL actually have most of their models, so anybody who likes them should give SOA a look. [img]smile.gif[/img]

4) Just for the sake of completeness, I'll add Undiscovered Journeys: . UJ was intended to be a somewhat different mod, based around Voyager's "original" twenty-year trip back to Earth (the one that led Admiral Janeway to travel back in time in "Endgame"). I believe it's been pretty much abandoned at the current time...

I think that's about it, somebody remind me if I've missed something.

[size="1"][ 22. August 2003, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ][/size]
Captain Pierce

Postby adiemus2003 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:13 pm

yeh it would be great as a sticky.
adiemus2003

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:23 am

Just wanted to add that the name of the last of the "lost" TMP era mods is Blood Feud.

Also, it is correct that we probably won't get around to NZ or BF for a very long time if ever, due to a severe lack of Romulan models of that time period. We'd basically have to design more or less every ship for the mod our selves, and noone on the team has the time to do that... :(
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Captain Pierce » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:54 am

The idea, I thought, was to use mostly FASA models for the Roms (and for at least one of the Federation lineups... ;) ). In fact, I seem to recall some work being done along those lines some time back.
Captain Pierce

Postby DW » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:07 am

HaG and one or two others are able to be found on the download section from the Trek-Homeworld home page. You only have to get the actually directory list with is no to hard. Cap you could probably link to that page and see what's there and maybe do some resurrections.
DW

Postby Captain Pierce » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:22 am

If you have a direct link for HAG, DW, feel free to post it (unless Dolph would happen to say otherwise, but I wouldn't imagine he would). [img]smile.gif[/img]
Captain Pierce

Postby adiemus2003 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:48 am

when can we expect a ITL demo?
adiemus2003

Postby Captain Pierce » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:43 am

At the risk of sounding cliched, expect it when you see it. ;) There's really no way for me to estimate, there's too many things still up in the air.
Captain Pierce

Postby DW » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:53 am

Sorry to edit, but there's stuff there that I don't think the team really wants advertised. --Pierce

[size="1"][ 22. August 2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ][/size]
DW

Next

Return to Cataclysm Trek