"New" TW Hive Frigate

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

AstroMat1

Post by AstroMat1 » Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:40 pm

Hm....that might be the trick. I think I delete that out of the .shp when I get done with it. That is probably the reason why it crashes.

I don't quite understand it though. What does the MAD animation script have anything to do with the docking points for the swarmers? Is that just a trigger for the docking points to be read from, or what?

NapoleonGH

Post by NapoleonGH » Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:52 pm

i think it is just that it is the way dolph thought it looked better

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:00 am

AstroMat: Ya see, HWC really mucked up the MAD animations on the Somtaaw ships. My theory (and as yet there's been nothing to disprove this) is that Barking Dog moved the MAD triggers into the .exe to make their various odd animations (the "GravRotate" section on the command ship, the hive frigate, etc.) work. So, for example, when the hive frigate gets to the point that it's going to launch swarmers, the .exe goes to the .shp file looking for the MAD call--and if it doesn't find it, it gets pissed and crashes. Image So it has nothing to do with the .mex, but everything to do with preventing that crash... Image

Of course, if you'd been to my Cataclysm Modding Reference Site, you'd already know this... Image

Napoleon: That would make sense, yeah. Image The SoA Shelley certainly looks better than the "canon" Curry or the "canon" (*shudder*) Queen". If, however, you rescale the ridiculously too-large Constitution/Miranda nacelles to the size they should be relative to the Excelsior primary and secondary hulls (as you did in yours, for example, thank God), it's actually kind of sharp. Image

[This message has been edited by Captain Pierce (edited 20 November 2002).]

NapoleonGH

Post by NapoleonGH » Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:09 am

of course i did, im me Image (just so you know though,that ship is a kitbash only the "neck" area connecting the primary and secondary hulls are actually my polys, the rest are just stuff i re-connected by order of bungle, then head of TW, who said he had permission from SOA team to do it)

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:39 am

Yeah, I think you mentioned that before, but thanks for the heads-up... which Excelsior did you use, BTW? New or old? I'm guessing new, because of the "fins" on top of the impulse deck, but never hurts to be sure... Image

Mayhap, if one of the team should happen by this forum, they could comment on the permissibility of said kitbash? Image

NapoleonGH

Post by NapoleonGH » Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:29 am

actually it was old, this model was done at least a year ago in the very first attempt for TW, all the stuff had permission from SOA team at the time (soyuz was made with the much lower poly but much lower quality miranda of the time instead of mine cuz the poly count would be rediculous)

AstroMat1

Post by AstroMat1 » Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:32 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Pierce. So no matter where I put the docking points for swarmers, there has to be a MAD script in the ship's SHP, or it won't work then. Swell.

Again, thanks for clearing that up.

------------------
Matt Swayne
aka AstroMat1

Sound guru for Armada, JKII, and other games...just for fun.

Also MEXer and SHPer for Homeworld!

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:52 pm

AstroMat: No prob. Image FYI, the same holds true for ANY Somtaaw ship with a MAD animation... and, on the flipside, if you have intentions of putting a MAD animation on a Somtaaw ship that doesn't already have one, or a different type of MAD on a ship that does already have one...you can pretty much forget it. Image

Napoleon: I stand corrected. Image

AstroMat1

Post by AstroMat1 » Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:35 pm

Hm....maybe that's why when I tried to put the X-Wing in the Somtaaw Acolyte slot the game crashed. I wonder.........

Anyways, maybe now I'll have more success with more of the Somtaaw ships. Now, say if I wanted to put a Runabout in the Acolyte slot, I need to keep the MAD animation line in the script, right? I also know about the weapon restrictions on the Acolyte, in which I need four hardpoints for the weapons, and two of them have to be missiles, right?

------------------
Matt Swayne
aka AstroMat1

Sound guru for Armada, JKII, and other games...just for fun.

Also MEXer and SHPer for Homeworld!

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:28 pm

That would be correct, yes. Image

Return to “Cataclysm Trek”