"New" TW Hive Frigate

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:50 pm

I guess I don't know how "new" it can be when I've used this same model for like 12 slots in TW now... Image But, anyway, here's the good ol' SoA Shelly-class model (standing in for the Curry-class model that would be in the slot if I had one Image ) as the Somtaaw Hive Frigate:

The Hive Frigate is a VERY bizarre slot, BTW... unlike HW ships such as the MS, Carrier, and Support Frigate, the Hive Frig doesn't care in the least about how many dock points it has. The stock one is already bizarre, having ten dock points for six swarmers; and I've tested Hive Frigs with six, four, three, two, and one dock point with no troubles whatsoever. The Shelly/Curry has four, two in the "main" shuttlebay (where you see that shuttle coming out in the first shot) and one each in the forward and aft "auxiliary" shuttlebays. It's armed with two photon torpedo launchers (the standard secondary hull ones) and three phasers (the forward, port, and starboard banks on the top surface of the primary hull)--incidentally, this is the same armament that the Shelly has as the Processor.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:56 pm

Coolness Image.

NapoleonGH

Post by NapoleonGH » Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:13 pm

i sent u an untextured curry

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:53 am

Yes, you did. Image It's very nice, and as soon as I can find someone to texture it, it will DEFINITELY be going in. As will several other of the ships you sent... Image But, I already had this one about 3/4's remexed into the Hive Frig, and since HWC doesn't like untextured ships, I really can't do anything with the Curry yet so in she went... Image

NapoleonGH

Post by NapoleonGH » Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:03 am

ohhh ok

Kurimuzon

Post by Kurimuzon » Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:51 am

great merciful crap, that is awesome!!

I really like the scaling too =) So do the "drones" shoot like mini photons? or can you enable them to fire beams?

------------------
"Stuff...yeah, that's a technical term."-Mr.Langan (Physics sensei)

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:02 pm

They fire beams at the moment, but they have the usual HW/HWC engine problem with small, fast ships firing beams... Of course, the current Swarmer model (the SoA Type 9 shuttle) is only temporary, not sure what while wind up there permanently yet, so it's hard to say what it might be armed with. Image I would have to guess that it won't be beams, more likely the TMP-style phasers and micro-torps...

AstroMat1

Post by AstroMat1 » Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:34 pm

Pierce, you had no trouble with the docking points on the Hive Frigate??? Weird, since everytime I tried to MEX a Nebula class to the Hive Frigate slot, it always crashed on me when I tried to swarm someone. How did you do it???

------------------
Matt Swayne
aka AstroMat1

Sound guru for Armada, JKII, and other games...just for fun.

Also MEXer and SHPer for Homeworld!

Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Post by Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:41 pm

And here I thought the Curry and the Shelly were the same thing.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:07 pm

AstroMat: Do you have the MAD animation calls still in the shivefrigate.shp file? Those have to be there, even if (or perhaps I should say especially if) your hive frig replacement doesn't have a MAD animation.

SvK: I'm a bit unclear of the genesis of the SoA Shelley, whether it was made before the full details of the Curry were known or was intentionally designed as a different ship. At any rate, I like both designs, and have always like the way the Peregrines docked with the SoA Shelley, so I'm using them both... Image

Return to “Cataclysm Trek”