"The Wounded" progress

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:43 am

Hmmm... what could this pic mean?

(Aside from the obvious fact that this worked a lot better when they were out of scale from each other... Image )

I'll give you a hint...

/me ducks and waits for the flaming to begin Image

Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Post by Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:54 am

You're kidding, right?

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:18 pm

Nope. Image

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:13 am

That has to be one of the most evil things I've ever seen someone do. Image

------------------

"Pretty, what do we blow up first?" Myn Donos, Wraith Nine.

StarWars: New Rebellion WebSite: http://www.tgu.org.uk/users/swfa/
Sjet vs. Kerrigan, CnlPepper and Delphy are Gods!

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:00 pm

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yes, I am evil. EVIL!!!

In all honesty, I don't even know if this is going to work. Balancing is going to be a bit tricky. Given that the support courier is about twice as fast as the Cardassian Groumal, its resource holding capacity will be about half; and, given that it has ridiculously less hit points (which I think is going to be my biggest problem), it will be substantially cheaper. So, if you can defend your resource operation, you'll be able to bring in the money pretty fast--but those workers are going to be EXTREMELY vulnerable to any sort of raiding party.

This may not work out in the end, but I'm going to release it this way in 0.2 and see how it goes... It could always be changed back in 0.3, but then I'm clueless once again as to what to put in the Processor slot...

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:54 am

well while it may screw balance, it sure does look purdy Image

------------------
Have you FLOGGED your crew today?!
STRESS PUPPY noun. A person who thrives on stress, yet complains about it constantly.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:54 am

OK, maybe I should clarify things here...

What you're looking at there is not a Peregrine-class tactical fighter with a repair beam, it's a ???-class support courier, in the Somtaaw Worker slot, harvesting.

However you want to explain the sudden appearance of the "Peregrine" in Starfleet use in the later battles of DS9, the first appearance of that model was as a Maquis fighter in "The Maquis," Part 1 and 2. Upon seeing it for the first time, Sisko says something to this effect: "Looks like someone modified an old support courier." My take on it is that it's probably Starfleet's first attempt at something like the Danube-class runabout, but that it wasn't particularly successful, hence the runabout coming along to replace it in the late 2360's... At this point, I'm not sure if I should call it a "Peregrine-class," suggesting that the Peregrine fighters from DS9 were modified by Starfleet based on the modified Maquis version, or come up with a different name, suggesting that the two versions existed side-by-side in Starfleet service and that the Maquis version was an attempt to recreate the combat Peregrine. My personal belief is the first, but doing the second would let me put it in TW somewhere... Image

Return to “Cataclysm Trek”