The Wounded Cataclysm Beta 0.1 available again

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

NapoleonGH

Post by NapoleonGH » Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:20 pm

ohh i have an untextured but newer miranda and soyuz that were made for the wounded, Pierce you want them?

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:40 pm

Sure, send 'em on over--I'll see if I can scare up a texturer... Image

babylon5_shos

Post by babylon5_shos » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:29 pm

Hello thanks for helping me but how i'm gonna do it i have a geforce 2 mx 32 mb and i don't mess with this stuff could u please post better textures or something or just guide my step by step of u want my email is: ariel_trekkie@hotmail.co.il

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:33 am

OK, when you're playing a game, hit the "Esc" key. Click on the button that says "Options," then the button that says "Video," then the button that says "Custom Effects." Then, find the little green plus mark that says "Dynamic Vertex Lighting," (should be in the lower left corneer) and click it, which should turn it into a little red "X." Click "Accept," then "Accept" again, then "Back," then "Back to Game," and you should have non-rainbowed ships.

The problem isn't in the textures, BTW--it's in the models themselves, which were converted from Homeworld to Cataclysm format with an old converter that didn't properly format the .peo files for the Dynamic Vertex Lighting information that Barking Dog added to the .peo file format for Cataclysm. Since Barking Dog has never told us what exactly they added, reverse-engineering proper Cataclysm .peo files has been difficult in the extreme; the best conversion tool we currently have doesn't seem to like the vast majority of the models in "The Wounded" for some reason.

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:32 pm

Or any CAT peo's for that matter :/ as i said before im amazed we got in what we got Image

babylon5_shos

Post by babylon5_shos » Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:50 pm

thank u the problem has been fixed.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:45 pm

Originally posted by TheStressPuppy:
Or any CAT peo's for that matter
Actually, the vast majority of the models in Dark Vengeance went through the HWSE conversion pretty well as far as looks... why half of them can't be hit by ion beams is still a mystery, though... Image But, for example, Shadegrown's Hyperion looks absolutely BRILLIANT in Cataclysm. Image

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:09 pm

Originally posted by Captain Pierce:
Actually, the vast majority of the models in Dark Vengeance went through the HWSE conversion pretty well as far as looks... why half of them can't be hit by ion beams is still a mystery, though... Image But, for example, Shadegrown's Hyperion looks absolutely BRILLIANT in Cataclysm. Image
2 words....Bounding Boxes

and yes that hyperion does look awsome Image

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:01 pm

Nope, not it... these are straight conversions of perfectly function HW ships, the bounding boxes are correct.

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:46 am

Image ok so im the clueless wonder Image

Return to “Cataclysm Trek”