General TOS Era Ship Descriptions

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Xiggy

Post by Xiggy » Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:08 am

This for those who get mad at me if I make several topics... I enjoy writing FanFic so here it goes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Huron Class-
"What is this miserable pile of solid sewerage?"
These words were spoken by Federation President Douglas C. Walker said when he saw a picture of the Huron Class. He didn't intend to offend the desginers, but he did anyway.
The Federation Press had a field day with the issue, and Walker lost the next Presdiential election.

The Huron Class, named for one of the great Lakes, was meant to patrol Federation planets, functioning like the US Coast Guard did in the 20th and 21st centuries.
The were meant to scan and Attach to freighters carrying any contraband, and haul it back to Starbase. During Wartime, the ship was converted to a frontline Ship stealer, and say action in Tholian Border Sccuffles. While the design performed beyound expectations, Serving on a Huron was the most embarrasing post an Officer can get, and usually most officers resigned Captainship of Huron's, so greener cadets took command of the ships, and since they were pulled staright out of the Academy into frontline service, the graduates had a tendancy to be reckless when "Salvaging" in combat, ignoring all Evasive manuevering protocols, and as a result, the USS Huron was commissoned a record 15 Times, ending with the USS Huron-P

Manticore

Post by Manticore » Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:17 pm

Now I really like this one! USS Huron-P! Image

This is definetely your best one so far Xiggy.

------------------
Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:57 pm

LOL better than "big ugly salvage ship" Image

couldnt make up anything better at the time

Xiggy

Post by Xiggy » Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:34 pm

Hehehe, Well, since There is really no explanation why Salvettes throw themselves in front of Heavy Cruiser Dual Ion Turret, I figured I'd write that In my description..
Long live the Huron-P!!

Xiggy

Post by Xiggy » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:55 am

Here we go on a ride its new freestyle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Destroyat-
The Destroyat class, was considered to be the replacement to the Daedalus as a Flagship. Starfeet tactacians, were surprised, where extremely surprised when at failed miserably at being a Multi-Role ship.
Instead of mass Production of Destroyats, Starfleet decided to Upgrade Daedalus' to new technology. Only about 10 Destroyats were ever produced, meager comapred to the Impressive number of 100 Daedalus' constructed.

The Lead Destroyat designer, on the brink of suicide, tried to overdose on Hyposprays of sleeping medication. Isntead of death, he was laucnehd into a 48 hour dreaming state, where Schematics of the Destroyats Design floated around in his head. He soon realized a new niche for his creation. The reason the Destroyat failed is because the engineers had tried to install a new Fast tracking Phaser Technology. This left the phasers severely under-powered. His new niche, he though of, was using the fast tracking Phasers as not into a combat role, rather a Strategic Defense ship.

After waking up in Sick Bay, he grabbed the nearest PADD and typed up his vision and sent it out to his Second Lead designer. The new design, would now be used to destroy enemy Torpedoes in flight....

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:01 am

Theres a major error in that description....

The ship is spelled DETROYAT lol, and it was me that made the spelling error... oops! Image

I was gonna correct it but i havnt had any time yet

you also realize the Detroyat is the r2 defence field frigate in HW. that description would require us making an etg of phaser fire shooting down the romulan torpedoes. unless SvK pulls off a miracle i dont think it can be done Image

Nice try tho Image

[This message has been edited by TheStressPuppy (edited 26 August 2002).]

Manticore

Post by Manticore » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:26 pm

Oh, that's what the Detroyat is! I always thought it was a big ugly Saladin replacement! I never built any. Image

------------------
Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Let's be about it.

[This message has been edited by Manticore (edited 26 August 2002).]

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:48 pm

Well, big and ugly are certainly correct... Image

Return to “Cataclysm Trek”