Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

FendeR

Post by FendeR » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:13 pm

Oh...ok [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Someday, I'll own one of these biatches...:grinangel
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:34 am

A rommie scimitar is doable, it doesnt have to match the remun varient exactly so we can create one within a poly budget. and what details cant be meshed we can texture in. keep in mind it will still be a huge project. it would prolly take me months to make one (cause im a major nit pick of my own work), but other meshers can prolly pump one out in a day...go figure.

Its not so much of if it can be done, its to find someone willing to do it.

Xiggy

Post by Xiggy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:43 pm

My take on the shiplist:

Somtaaw:

Recon: Place the Nova here. I know you won't listen (heh), modders perogative and all. But it coudn't hurt to give the Feds another "heavy" hitter. The Nova also fits will because of the perceived in game sensors it should have. Also note, the DS9TM depicts a Defiant pathfinder. Basically a Nova with 4 quantum torp launchers in the primary hull facing foward. This ship (Renegade class) would also be given enhanced sensors for precise torp targetting. Another option to consider.

Mimic: I can't stand to see a Danube neutered like it is now, so place the Type 9 here.

Ramming Frig: An idea is to make it a Cardie Dreadnought clone. But in the English.txt in the buildmenu description, basically tell the player to scuttle it shortly after pushing the target a bit. Mechanically, try and make the blast radius fairly wide and make it a huge explosion in the scuttle to blast the ship. Rationalize this as a manual weapons detonation.

Carrier: I sooooo wanna say Galaxy but there is scaling issues at work here. Devise a flying shuttle bay. That's all I can say.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:02 am

I'm trying to keep ITL a little closer to the Cataclysm concept, unlike TW, where I've put (or at least am planning to put) some bigger ships into the "little ship" slots. Also, I have to say, there's no indication from the DS9TM that the launchers on the Defiant pathfinder are quantums. Oh, and BTW, there's 6, IIRC. ;) In fact, the sheer number tends to make me think that they aren't quantums, and the design refinement that led to the Defiant was tied into the development of the quantum torpedoes...

If the "neutered" Danube isn't here, where the hell would it be? And how can something as ineffectual as the Danube be "neutered," anyway? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I don't think frigates can be scuttled in Cataclysm.

Xiggy

Post by Xiggy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:16 am

They can't? I thought I remember scuttling something under Destroyer class in TW.

Inneffectual? One word: Rollbar.

So if you don't like the Renegade Nova or vanilla Nova how about Danube there? And keep the Type 9 at Mimic.

I'd test and see if Frigs can be scuttled (I'm pretty sure they can be, remember you never wanted your ships to fall beastie so you could quickly scuttle anything after infection) but I start school 12 hours from now (I wasted my summer on practicing for football, now I aint playin. MEH) and I think I may finally burn a MiniDisk for when I get to drive to school.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:54 am

Oh, yeah, a rollbar with two microphoton launchers. Yeah, that sure saved the Odysseus's ass from the Jem'Hadar... :rolleyes: ;)

And I seem to recall that you couldn't scuttle much of anything in Cataclysm, because they didn't want you to be able to save your stuff from being infected...

Zabaron

Post by Zabaron » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:45 am

You can scuttle anything in Cat.

-Zabaron

Xiggy

Post by Xiggy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:16 am

So basically it comes down to...

1) Making the recon into an oversized ship for it's slot

2) Keeping it relatively to scale.

Again, all I can say is that the Feds need another larger combat ship buildable. Either way, you seem to want to keep the Type9 over Danube (I haven't seen the episode were Keogh and the Odyssey buys it... Probably never will, Fucking SpikeTV) and the Type9 over Nova. Ah well, I'm just giving my input.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:24 am

And your input is appreciated, even when I shoot it down. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Here's the thing. Personally, I don't even see the Nova as a "combat" ship, any more than I see the Oberth as a combat ship. As a science ship, the Clee-san slot seemed the most interesting place to put it. (And I don't want to double up on anything, I've got enough ships to try and cram into this mod as it is. ;) ) The Somtaaw recon is a fast little scout, and I think the Type 9 fits that a little better than the Danube, particularly from a speed standpoint. I'll admit that the Danube is somewhat wasted in the Mimic slot, but at least that way you HAVE to build a couple of them... ;)

Xiggy

Post by Xiggy » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:21 am

I'm gonna unwisely flaunt this as invincible:

If the Recon is a fast lightly armed vessel, why not have the Delta Flyer there? Yes I know it has the canon loadout that fits the idiotic hardcoding, but the Danube as Aco can be rationalized as it's really the closest thing besides the Peregrine Starfleet has as a fighter. With the DF as Recon you've got the fictional basis as it's fast, advanced, and relatively well armed. Danube as Aco rationalized as more agile than larger starships but still not a fighter. If the Aco can only deal with 2 Guns and 2 Missile then have the missiles launch from Rollbar and have a phaser (if it works there) mounted fore and aft.

Return to “Cataclysm Trek”