new screenshots of proposed mods

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:09 am

Well, no offense, but:

1) We already knew that. Stress's first 0.1 release of the TOS mod was nothing but SFC conversions. That release was enough to prove not only that A) such conversions were possible but that conversely B) such conversions were not necessarily a good idea. :D For that matter, the old FRK mod used some ships that were at least based on the stock SFC Miranda and B'Rel, if not outright conversions. It's an odd situation to be in, that the stock game models weren't high-poly enough, but the typical replacements for the stock game models were too high-poly. ;)

2) I don't really see that this has created a lot more interest. Threads on TW and ITL have typically generated about the same amount of discussion.

BTW, on the ITL front, expect a new thread on it in the next couple of days... much thought has been wasted on it of late... ;)
Captain Pierce

Postby Gust0o » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:10 pm

SFC models were used as place-holders, only, in the original TW... which was a long time ago [img]smile.gif[/img]
Gust0o

Postby star blazers fan » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:45 am

Yes, these are models from other games, I admit that and I am not ashamed, in fact I praise the work the original moders made in producing these models, and o.k. sure they may not be of the highest quality but I have to work within the confines of the game. The fact that I could find as much as I have, I find amazing. It's just that there has been little original content of late in the cataclysm front other than The Wounded in over a year. I have also read in other forums that people would like to see say... the borg, klingons, romulans, etc. For the sake of another argument I would like to show off some of my modding skills by porting over these ships into another game, specifically Homeworld Cataclysm. The fact that it hasn't been done before or at least to this extent is the real motivation to do it in the first place.

This is first and formost a hobby for me and I did it originally for myself to get more ships into the game. Later I found out that there were even more ships available so I decided to collect at least 23 ships for each race so I could plug and play the ships in whatever slot I wanted.

Right now I can play the singleplayer campaign with the TNG federation (race sect) being assisted by the TMP federation (race kushan) against the cardasians (race taidan) and those pesky breen (race p1) all the while trying to stop the dominion (race beast) from trying to take over the alpha quadrant. :D
Or how about this.
The TMP Romulans (race sect) being assisted by the TMP andromedans (race kushan) trying to stop the Tholians (race taidan) and the dreaded neo Gorn (race p1) all the while trying to stop the TMP Klingons (race beast) from taking over the galaxy.

These are just two scenerios that I have experienced using these ships and I have 10 more that I havent posted and well... you do the math, the possible list of scenerios is massive.

There is a point to this posting...somewhere... :rolleyes:
that if we produce as much content as possible we can keep homeworld alive for years to come. :cool:
star blazers fan

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Trek