new screenshots of proposed mods

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby Ace781 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:16 pm

ER.........WOW!!!!

although im having a problem after looking at them screens!!!!
Ace781

Postby Ace781 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:18 pm

nope still not fixed

just cant seem to pick my jaw up off the floor now matter what i do
Ace781

Postby star blazers fan » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:05 am

Well ace, pick up your jaw cause I have some more.
Species 8472 from Star Trek Armada 2 and a few from other places. I increased the lighting to make them really stand out too.
This is the real eye turner when I finish with the lighting. Voyager as a carrier and some really good friends to back them up.
The lyrans from Starfleet Command. Same as species 8472 I boosted the lighting to max and that really made a difference.
Not really happy with this. I tried to use the Illustrious as the mothership but for some reason I can't get it to load. So we use the outpost from Armada instead.
The Orion Pirates from Starfleet Command 2: Orion Pirates. I really didn't like the mothership so I used an asteroid base instead. I need to work on the lighting but the ships look good in their slots.
More to come :D
star blazers fan

Postby star blazers fan » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:08 am

I was forced to split my post into 2 because I exceeded the max images. How I don't know since the limit is 8 and that was all I had, comment to the uber posters out there. Anyways here we go again.
My fasa 2 mod. If Captain Pierce is around let him know that I think the mothership in this slot called the Thexder would look great as a bcarrier in his The Wounded mod.
Always loved the klingons from BTFF but there were to few to make a beast side mod. So I added some green fasa ships and waaallaa.
Finally we have the Romulans. But these are good romulans, ala race sect. I always wanted to see the romulans vs the klingons so here we are.
I still have a couple more screenshots of all the fleets to go so stay tuned. :cool:
star blazers fan

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:47 pm

You've certainly been productive. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, if you want to know how you went over the limit, it's because smilies count towards the limit too. ;)
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Captain Pierce » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:40 pm

Well, here's the thing... and this is meant as constructive criticism, BTW, but... what I'm seeing here is a lot of instances of ships thrown into slots that really don't suit them, and then scaled up to try and make them look better.

As an example of what I mean, that Z-1 Nova in the last shot. Not only are you taking the Romulan's premier fighting ship of the TMP era and putting it into a lot where all it can do is sit and wait for people to come to it, but you've made it ridiculously (IMO, anyway) large. Size alone does not make a mothership, particularly in a game with external building. ;)

I realize Cataclysm can be a pain in the ass to put Trek ships into, and I'm certainly not immune to the problems this causes--that's one of the reasons I've had ITL on the back burner for some time now, because I started to realize that I was doing the same thing, just dropping ships into slots either to have something in the slot or to have a particular ship in the game.

So, my advice would be to pick one of these, sit back, and try to think a little more about what should go where.
Captain Pierce

Postby Sterlino » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:31 am

i would like to see some combat scenes from these mods... should be possible Star Blazer ?

i can't belive is such massive work, it's incredible...
:eek:
Sterlino

Postby star blazers fan » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:02 pm

First of all I agree with you Cap, there really are way too many instances of wrong ship in wrong slot, but the idea here is to just show off all the ships out there. I disagree with your assessment of the Z1 though. In cat the mothership really does move... if you want it to ;) heck I made it 50% of a mothership size as well. But I digress, the reason for the fleet shots is because I havent really worked on the mex files. If you look really hard at the hive frigate for example you will see lots of blinking lights not anywhere near the hull. It's like that everywhere. If I post a battleshot at this point it would look laughable at best with guns and engine trails all over the place. O.K. now for the last of my screenshots. Image
The tholians, I tried to make them lighter so they would stand out more but I think in this case darker is better. As I said its a work in progress. Image
Finally the Andromedans. Now cap I know what you are going to say and yes your right. What a mess! There is just no way to get enough andromedans unless you borrow from all over the place and they all look the same. Well... as I said before, I just at this point, want to show off all the ships . Now I will sit back and decide what ship should so in what position for a mod.
Obviously some of these ships wont make it into a final mod. And I was thinking for example:
Race sect: Federation TNG
Race kushan: Federation VOY
Race Turanic: Species 8472
Race Beast: Borg
Race P1: Delta quadrant remnants; including kazon, krenim, vidiian, and hirogen.

O.K. now I leave it up to you the audience to tell me what you would like to see in a finished mod. Remember that I want all races because I only intend to make a complete mod playable in both multiplayer and the singleplayer campaigns. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

More fun stuff later :cool:
star blazers fan

Postby Captain Pierce » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:12 am

Well, Fed v. Borg is pretty much already covered by ITL, so maybe you should start somewhere else... I just don't think we really need two projects that similar in as small a community as this is... ;)

Why not go totally off the board? Lyrans vs. Tholians, or something oddball like that? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Captain Pierce

Postby TheStressPuppy » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:35 am

Been a while since i poked my head in here, Nice job porting SFC ships into Cat... Now comes the questions [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img]

What is it exactly that you are trying to do? Is it a general SFCish port into Cat? (SFC on a grand scale?)

Try not to take this the wrong way, but im assuming you do have permissions from the model authors to use the 3rd party models i see in some of these shots correct?

other than that nicely done [img]smile.gif[/img]
TheStressPuppy

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Trek