[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - new screenshots of proposed mods

new screenshots of proposed mods

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby star blazers fan » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:01 am

Iv'e been working on some startrek related mods from the other games out there. For example, I've ported the Gorn and Hydran from Starfleet Command and Romulans from Startrek Armada2. So lets see them,

Got to have the borg, right?

I figured the Enterprise E would have some friends in the federation.

DS9 enough said.

This is just a combination of the soa.85, soa.95, starfleet command, and startrek Armada dominion.

Something from the Enterprise C era.

These are from star trek armada 2.
If anyone knows how to brighten the textures please let me know?
More later.

[size="1"][ 19. July 2004, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ][/size]
star blazers fan

Postby star blazers fan » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:15 am

Also we have the Hydrans from Starfleet Command

And the Gorn.

While we are on the subject of mods lets look at some TMP era ships

and

[size="1"][ 19. July 2004, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ][/size]
star blazers fan

Postby star blazers fan » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:19 am

Hmm. I guess I can only post 2 images at a time, oh well. I will post more later on.

In the mean time, let me know what you think of my importing work, and let me know where I can make some inprovements.

Thanks also go out to those that have encouraged me to post some pics.
star blazers fan

Postby Redragon » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:30 am

I think it looks good, you've obviously put a lot of work into piecing together this mod.
Redragon

Postby star blazers fan » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:25 pm

thanks redragon,
as you can see the textures look a little dark, any suggestions?
star blazers fan

Postby Captain Pierce » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:02 am

Captain Pierce

Postby star blazers fan » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:29 pm

star blazers fan

Postby star blazers fan » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:05 pm

star blazers fan

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:51 pm

Well, the easiest way is to reduce the game resolution to something more forum-friendly like 800x600. Any other method would required cropping or resizing in something like Photoshop or Paint Shop, which of course not everybody has... [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for automating the texture brightening process... unfortunately, no. :( It's a big ol' pain in the tuckus...

[size="1"][ 21. July 2004, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ][/size]
Captain Pierce

Postby star blazers fan » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:09 am

Thanks for the brightening tip Cap, I have also been working on some other screenshots as well.

The cardassians, mostly from star trek armada 2

More federation ships, these would mostly find themselves in the kushan slots but I had enough for a screenshot.

This is my second ds9 themed mod with what I will call Terok Nor, for want of a better name. I also applied the brightening tip to some of the bigger ships to see what they look like. I think I will try some other brightening scales and see what I like best but this is a major improvement over before.

Finally we have the Klingons, I brightened up the mothership just to see what would happen. I think its a good start and really stands out. But that is only one mans opinion. What do you think? All opinions matter and are encouraged to write freely.

There that should fix my post. :eek:

[size="1"][ 23. July 2004, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: star blazers fan ][/size]
star blazers fan

Next

Return to Cataclysm Trek