A chalenge do you want to see different star trek cataclysm mods or what?

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

star blazers fan

Post by star blazers fan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:49 am

Is there anymore room for more trek based mods? I'm working on some but I need input from the modders. If and when I get done with them and get the appropriate releases from the makers of the original mesh builders, where can I upload it to? Also, what races do you want to see and from what era? Come on folks I am throwing down the gauntlet here, do you want to see more star trek based mods or what?

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:01 am

Cataclysm mods are always going to be a novelty, nothing more. The main reason for this is that not a lot of people ever got Cataclysm; the secondary reason is that most of those who did played it maybe once and then threw the CD away. ;)

Honestly, between BTFF, TW, and the still-mythical ITL ;) , I think we already have more Cataclysm mods than the community can be bothered to care about. And, honestly, I still have almost deluded myself into trying to make another one... :rolleyes:

star blazers fan

Post by star blazers fan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:41 am

Captain Pierce, I guess the main reason for making a star trek cat mod was that I wanted to see all the 3d ships in a 3d game. And since my computer runs at 850 mgh. This was the best platform I had to see all of these ships. Obviously your resources are greater than mine in both tallent and money since you can basically say no one cares about moding for cat. So why do you do it?

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:17 am

Because I'm a glutton for punishment. :D

Seriously, while it may have sounded like it, that wasn't saying that you shouldn't do it, just that you shouldn't expect people to care. ;) If you can get the various permissions all sorted out, there's no reason not to do it, but just be ready for the response to be underwhelming... there will undoubtedly be people that do enjoy it, don't get me wrong, but their numbers will be few...

star blazers fan

Post by star blazers fan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:33 am

Well captain, I just got word from redragon that he would like to see screen shots so I will ask this question to you as well. What would you like to see, every individual ship, parade formation, battle scene, or all of the above? And what races would you like to see; borg, cardassian, species 8472, dominion, romulan either tos or tng, klingon either tos or tng, fasa federation, tng federation, andromedan tos or tng, tholian, gorn tos or tng, lyran tos or tng. Just let me know okay I have 180 plus federation ships and 200 enemy ships to cull together.

star blazers fan

Post by star blazers fan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:42 am

Upon rereading your post captain, I guess I do care what other people think about this topic. As I've said I have literally hundreds of ships, but no medium to show them off. It seems there are tons of ships for both star trek armada2 and starfleet command3. I would just like to let homeworld get the oportunity they seem to have. If homeworld2 had an easy way to import ships I would probably do that instead.

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:07 am

I think the whole point cap was trying to make (in his own strange way [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) was to go for it. If you have a mod idea then by all means do it. Granted HW/C doesnt have the humoungous following like HW does, but it does have a good engine to render your ships (better than HW). That was the main motivation for me to mod her.

Make your mod. post your shots. If people like it then more will come. However like cap said dont expect a huge response in the beginning. That will have to build over time.

We have been modding Cat for us more than anything else due to its hardcoded limitations. still, we do enjoy the occasional shout from the fans ;)

[ 15. July 2004, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Ace781

Post by Ace781 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:11 pm

I'd like to see a Trek Cataclysm mod with the borg as the beast adn somtaww as the feds, and the other races as various other trek races etc....

i thing the borg will suit the beast side as they're basically the same thing in a way

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:34 pm

Already in the works... ;)

star blazers fan

Post by star blazers fan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:54 pm

Actually I have been playing around with making the borg into a playable race in cat, in fact I have a screenshot in my other thread. Check it out and comment on what you see. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Return to “Cataclysm Trek”