[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - TW Curry in game

TW Curry in game

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby Captain Pierce » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:09 pm

There was a time when I'd planned to include both the Curry (Miranda nacelles) and the Shelley (Excelsior nacelles, with the secondary hull mounted further forward; the old SOA support frigate) in the mod, the Curry as Hive Frigate and the Shelley as Processor. I kind of gave up on that when I noticed that, when ships were in their proper scale, the Peregrine/Falcon didn't look nearly as cool on the Shelley's "flight deck" as it did back in the old un-scaled SOA days. :( So I pretty much abandoned that plan.

As for the concept of the Frankenstein Fleet... I'm pretty much ignoring that, at least for the ships I'm using from it. I don't really believe that Starfleet engineers can just combine parts of different ships willy-nilly as though they were so many TV special effects guys with no budget to work with :D , so I'm giving these ships an actual Starfleet history. Both the Curry and the Centaur have different nacelles than their obviously Excelsior ancestry would suggest, so perhaps, in the early 24th Century, when the Excelsior was king of the hill, Starfleet felt a need to reserve the Excelsior nacelles to build "full" Excelsiors. Maybe the Curry, as a more "compact" ship, could fit inside the warp field generated by Miranda-class nacelles (which would presumably have had a well-established production line by this time). The Centaur, which seems to be an attempt at a Miranda replacement, probably wasn't built in great numbers (since there's so many Mirandas still around in DS9, it would seem that they never actually were replaced ;) ); its nacelles might have been an attempt to incorporate the technological advances of the Excelsior nacelle into a simpler-to-build unit.
Captain Pierce

Postby Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:28 pm

Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Postby TheStressPuppy » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:00 pm

TheStressPuppy

Postby Captain Pierce » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:38 am

Captain Pierce

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Trek