Beast Supply Components

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby Cleron » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:37 pm

Is it possible to have these prebuilt at the start of the game & if so what do i have to do to make it so.
Cleron

Postby Captain Pierce » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:16 pm

I don't think it's possible as such... Theoretically, you could alter the model to already have the support modules attached, and edit its SU stats accordingly, but then you wouldn't be able to shoot them off like you can when they're built in-game.
Captain Pierce

Postby Cleron » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:27 pm

No i was trying to find a way of making a Beast Mothership without the "special effects". The only way that i could think of was making the shell of the MS using a Supply pod as there the only part of the ship that's not effected by this "effect". I could have then mexed the mothership to the proportions of the shell & make it so that the mex of the MS far outsizes that of the shell mex. That way when you selected it & fired on it she would read as the MS while infact it was the pod.

One of the more "unlikely" ideas was to list a pod as the mothership in the map files and load it out with all the docking bays etc & see if i got lucky, obviously the first looked more likly

Pitty :(

[size="1"][ 22. February 2004, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Cleron ][/size]
Cleron

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:21 am

Doesn't the lightning run over the supply modules once they're built, though? I guess I've never really sat down and looked, but I would think that it would look a little silly if everything but the supply modules was sparking... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Captain Pierce

Postby Cleron » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:49 am

Narh i looked. You don't notice it because the core that holds them there dose spark. The pods them selves however are normal [img]smile.gif[/img] Or at least they were the 3 times i looked.

[size="1"][ 24. February 2004, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: Cleron ][/size]
Cleron

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:05 am

Interesting. If you weren't using supply modules for the mod, then, you could just do it the way you were thinking, and have the supply module cost nothing and build in one second...
Captain Pierce

Postby Cleron » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:24 am

Ill give it a try & see what happens.

[size="1"][ 24. February 2004, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Cleron ][/size]
Cleron

Postby TheStressPuppy » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:49 pm

I never noticed that ether or gave it much thought (more like no thought at all). Let us know how it turns out, cause it could bring interesting possibilities
TheStressPuppy

Postby Cleron » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:37 pm

It workes, although im not sure if i like it. Like i said above i don't know if it's possible to have the pod alredy attached to the MS, it's possible in single player games so maybe it's possible in MP but for now you have to build the shell before you have a visable mothership (witch dosen't seam right). The ship it's self had no sparks & worked fine in most aspects.

The only problem i found was that the hit effects only show up on the ms hull (in this case a probe) so no weapon effects :( if u extent the shell coll then it'll hit that as aposed to the ms hull. im still tweaking though & there's plety ive not tried.

[size="1"][ 24. February 2004, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Cleron ][/size]
Cleron

Postby TheStressPuppy » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:23 pm

You can expand the collision sphere, and rectangle of the "pod" to be equal or greater sized than the "shell" also when you mex it put the weapon hardpoints as you would if it was the "shell" mesh. This SHOULD let you see the hit FX, and weapon fire as if it were just the MS mesh. Very interesting discovery u made there post some screenies [img]smile.gif[/img]

as far as the initial build goes we may just have to live with "sparky" untill u can build the shell

[size="1"][ 24. February 2004, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
TheStressPuppy

Next

Return to Cataclysm Trek