[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - TW/HaG Constellation in game (Fixed Glows)

TW/HaG Constellation in game (Fixed Glows)

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby Phantom16 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:40 am

weren't both of the ships old and decrepite anyways?
Phantom16

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:06 am

Picard abandoned the Stargazer nine years prior to the episode it was featured in. Given the ease with which it was reactivated, one wonders why. ;)

The Hathaway from "Peak Performance" was called an "eighty-year-old" starship, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was abandoned eighty years prior to the episode. Indeed, since its bridge seemed to be a little more advanced than that of Stargazer, and its warp core was somewhat like that of the Ent-D, I would tend to think it had been in actual service more recently.

But yeah, neither of them was exactly fresh out of Spacedock. :D

There was one other on-screen appearance of the Constellation, and that was as part of the "tachyon fleet" in the "Redemption" two-parter. I only have the first part of that episode, and I think the tachyon fleet is in the second, so I can't check for sure; but I don't believe we got a real good look at the ship. Theoretically, though, this would have been a ship that was in regular service at the time (perhaps the USS Victory, the ship that Geordi had served on prior to joining the Enterprise crew, which was mentioned as still being in service sometime in the second season).
Captain Pierce

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:25 am

Here's a couple of screenies of my own:

We really need SvK to make us a cool warp effect :D

Love those quad photon launchers:

Hammering a Trammion:

Closeup on the fixed nacelle glows:

Say good-bye to that Groumal:

Oh, and I fixed the parking problem with the Constellation, turns out the physics in the .shp file weren't quite right...
Captain Pierce

Postby Phantom16 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:03 am

Pertty....I want one.
Phantom16

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:08 am

Looks nice [img]smile.gif[/img]

Btw, can't you go through those red Cataclysm engine glows and make them a bit smaller. The first batch of pictures you had up showed an Excelsior with disproportionately large glows, and IMO, the Constellation could use a minor tweak too. It's the only thing that's bothering me in the mod at its current stage. (well that, and the yet-to-be-replaced ships ;) )

[size="1"][ 17. February 2004, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: TheOneNamedViper ][/size]
TheOneNamedViper

Postby deathblane » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:22 pm

Yep this mod is really turning out nicely. Just makes me glad I brought Cat all those years ago ;)
deathblane

Postby TheStressPuppy » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:41 pm

About the engine glows..

Most of the screens you saw with abnormal engine exhaust (the excelsior being a glaring example) were taken while doing in game model testing, and werent even mexed properly yet if at all. for TW 0.2.2 while were getting these new ships in we are gonna go over and fix all these mex abnormalitys, and give the ships some nav lights while were at it....oh yea, and replacing those "yet to be replaced" ships ;)

while kinda steering off the topic a bit...does anyone know of any 3rd party Cat maps that have decent lighting but not so much "nebula" in it?

[size="1"][ 17. February 2004, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
TheStressPuppy

Postby Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:03 pm

Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Postby Manticore » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:06 pm

Manticore

Postby Captain Pierce » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:24 pm

It's a transphasic torpedo... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Captain Pierce

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Trek