New HaG Spacedock in TW

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:13 am

looks a little too old school, my guess would be somewhere between TMP era and TNG era, not quite cardie war era though. but im not the expert here so correct me if im wrong

Redragon

Post by Redragon » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:45 am

I like the design...

Sterlino

Post by Sterlino » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:59 am

anyway there are too little series of spacedocks.
Too many starships and a few lot of spacedocks.. this is almost ridicule. Image

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:24 pm

That's an early study model for the Spacedock of Star Trek III... one is seen at the Qualor II junkyard in "Unification." however, since that Spacedock made several appearances in TNG & beyond, there's no reason this couldn't be a Starbase in the Cardassian War era... ;)

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:57 pm

Why do people keep suggesting spacedocks anyway? Surely the pictures at the top of this topic indicate that the mod has one already.

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:49 am

i happen to agree with meurig on this one, u people are NUTS!!! lol, never the less i quite like the star/space dock they are using, its quite sexy, and seems large and powerful.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:16 am

Originally posted by Sheriden:
my guess would be somewhere between TMP era and TNG era, not quite cardie war era
Dude, when do you think this mod is? :D There's not really a specific date as such, but it's somewhere between 5-10 years prior to the start of TNG. ;)

As for there not being "enough" different designs of Spacedocks... well, there are two ways to look at that. First, I would agree with it in that the way the TNG model people took existing models and re-used them at VASTLY different scales is annoying as hell. ;) However, it does make sense for there to be a "standard" starbase/spacedock design (or even a couple of "standard" designs). You wouldn't want every Starbase out there to be different--you'd have people who'd have no time to anything but design new Starbases. ;) So, you'd come up with a couple of standard "pre-fab" packages that the appropriate "tender" ships could take with them and assemble.

Finally, from a point of practically, using something like the TMP Spacedock as a Starbase seems a little silly to me. It's just so freaking BIG... Really, you'd be better off with something like the Regula station/Starbase 375 design as your "office space," then surrounding it with "drydock" facilities--especially since it would be a lot easier to just build a new drydock frame that could fit a Galaxy class than give Spacedock bigger doors for a ship that big... ;)

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:12 pm

good point pierce, but what i meant by not quite cardie war era was that it looked a lot more like something from TMP era, so like soon afterwards kind of deal... and im not too sure but im guessing the cardassian war was much closer to the TNG era then TMP.

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:15 am

when you say dude, when you think this mod is, you on about a release date or timeline cos if you mean release date, you dont wanna know the rest [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:17 am

Yeah, and how long has it been since your last release? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Return to “Cataclysm Trek”