[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Constellation Texturing work Finished

Constellation Texturing work Finished

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby Captain Pierce » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:51 pm

It's waiting for this ship. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Captain Pierce

Postby Captain Pierce » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:47 pm

DAS BUMP for the update. :D

BTW, Stress, I think I figured out what those extra "phaser balls" are supposed to be. There are similar little details around the outer edge of the Constitution refit's saucer (see ), which I think are supposed to be something along the lines of the "airlock" elevator that Kirk, Spock, and McCoy used in TMP. No idea why you'd need that many, on either ship, though... ;) If Dolph wants 'em to be phasers for the SoA version, fine, we can just "fix" them after that version is done for the TW version. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Captain Pierce

Postby FendeR » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:19 pm

Maybe these are navagation thrusters :rolleyes:

[size="1"][ 12. February 2004, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: FendeR ][/size]
Someday, I'll own one of these biatches...:grinangel
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FendeR

Postby TheStressPuppy » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:59 pm

Thanks, i already know about the airlock elevators from TMP. it is possible they ment them as RCS thrusters (in which case why did they put the ball on it and paint it yellow). No matter they are there.

I was gonna put the airlocks on it but the resolutions gonna be too bad to see them clearly.
TheStressPuppy

Postby Captain Pierce » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:12 am

Captain Pierce

Postby Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:13 am

re: registries. Could you grab a strip of polygons, assign them a new material, and put the registry on that? Behold my idea on the SOA Nebula:
Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Postby TheStressPuppy » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:02 am

The problem with doing that SvK is we dont wanna add any more polys than whats needed. There is also an occasional issue of clipping if you dont place them right. (perfect example is the HW1 kushan mothership. it clips like hell around the hangers.)

There is also the thing of 25 ships built with the same registry :eek: while in IaW/BTFF i can get away with it cause i put the class ship name and reg (uss constitution ncc-1700). i suppose you can do the same with the TMP/TNG ships (3 uss galaxys?!)

Sure id love to do registries again if we had more texture resolution to work with [img]smile.gif[/img]

I already looked at the IaW thread dammit! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
TheStressPuppy

Postby Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:50 pm

I didn't mean add a strip of polygons. I meant to take a strip of polygons that have the saucer material, and give them the registry material. That still wouldn't avoid the problem of multiple ships with the same registry.
Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Postby DW » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:33 am

I know some if not most higher end programs can do what you are suggestion, but first I don't think Milkshape can and I not too sure about Homeworld either. By the way I was looking at the HW1 source code documents and found the full list/description of what each layer in a .lif file is and their was some thing about badges, was it a mastic, not taken out form a Hw2 edition for developers, or does HW1 and maybe Cat support badges?
DW

Postby Captain Pierce » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:56 am

A lot of the documents that came with the source code seem to be from very early on in the HW development process. I would guess that the list of .lif layers was one of those, and that over time, many of those options got taken out... Also, we don't know that what they mean by "badges" in that document is the same thing as the HW2 badges...

Badges?

Badges?

We don' need no stinking badges!!!
Captain Pierce

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Trek