Constellation Texturing work Finished

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:32 am

I for one dont belive anything on those fan mags
If it looks like a Duck..it quacks like a Duck..so it MUST be a Duck [img]smile.gif[/img] If its on the studio model it goes on my model. Its that simple. :mad: i cant belive were arguing about this! Do you want the model done right or not?

They changed the name to valkarie for the exhibit in which those photos were taken. they did such a bad job painting over the name you can still see "Hathaway" under it lol

No one said those extra phasers had to fire. We never saw the ship fire anything except the training beams in TNG "peak preformance" so those extra mounts could be there for "show"

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:45 pm

It's not a fan mag, Stress. It was (until it folded just after the issue with the Stargazer article) an official publication. Granted, that didn't stop lots of what they printed from being wrong, but still... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And I'd think you should know by know that I'm a fan of having things make sense, not slavish attention to detail just for the sake of detail. ;)

Manticore

Post by Manticore » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:11 pm

Actually, as I look at the studio model, they look like they're right on the edge of the rim, and they look as if they have a respectable 120x90 degree arc each.

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:45 pm

Heh, well you know me. Detail is everything [img]tongue.gif[/img] (i must have picked the WORST ship for that too)

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:10 pm

Yeah, but I think the Centaur will run a close second... ;)

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:41 pm

I Know :mad: As far as "Slavish" attention to detail..well im not so sure about that. The Excelsior still has alot of things missing that i wanted to put in but couldnt for gameplay reasons. The same will go for this model. Im not gonna stick every little greeble you see on it. With HW/Cat's resolution we will be lucky if we see what i did put on.

[ 08. February 2004, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Dolphoenix

Post by Dolphoenix » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:58 pm

*burp* cannon or not.. stress has already been given the go ahead for the individual phaser banks.. I also HAVE to point out that the Constitution II class has individual phasers on it too...

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:46 pm

SIX of them [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:26 am

Arf, wibble, airboat, waterplane, and... wait, what's the last one... oh, yeah...

PFNAR!

BTW, Stress, been meaning to mention--for WIP pics that don't need to stay around forever, why not just use the "forum users" upload function? ;)

[ 09. February 2004, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ]

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:43 pm

While were on this subject here, and im bustin my @ss making this ship, Whats goin on with TW?

Return to “Cataclysm Trek”