Constellation Texturing work Finished

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:50 pm

I will post updates screens in this frame to save on web space [img]smile.gif[/img]

It is DONE!

Nah, I didnt go ballistic with the detail....Not at all [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I keeped it as close to the studio as possible. Obviously there are gonna be some things missing. These things u just can not do without sacrificing gameplay. The greebles while some came out good, others im kinda dissapointed with, but theres only so much u can do with texturing.

A familiar view ;)

[size="1"][ 15. February 2004, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
How can you alter one side of a bargain? baltar
When there is no "other" side...You missed the whole point of the war. The Imperious Leader
TheStressPuppy

Postby Captain Pierce » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:18 pm

Cripes, Stress, what is your problem with registries lately?
Captain Pierce

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:21 am

Well, IMO it just gives you the advantage to call the ship anything you like when you put it ingame. It's also nice if you put it it a game that supports individual ship textures.

I envision (probably not possible though) a HW2 mod where each ship you build is assigned its own registry and name automatically, sort of like the badges currently in HW2, but on an individual ship basis.

*edit* nice texture btw. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 07. February 2004, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: TheOneNamedViper ][/size]
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Captain Pierce » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:37 am

Yes, although... are you trying to sneak extra phaser mounts onto this thing, Stress? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Captain Pierce

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:20 am

No, those phaser mounts are supposed to be there :D Studio model has em so will mine.
TheStressPuppy

Postby Captain Pierce » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:27 am

You're going to have to prove that one to me... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Captain Pierce

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:51 am

Sure, No problem. LOL! (sarcasim mode) We got INFINITE webspace to post pics, and host our mods, and keep our web pages up at the same time. Oh yea, Uh huh [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You got screen caps, LOOK at them :D
TheStressPuppy

Postby Captain Pierce » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:28 am

I have. They're not freaking on there.

Exhibit A:

Hell, never mind the photographic evidence, has there ever been a singer phaser "ball" mount like that? Those things have always come in pairs.

[size="1"][ 08. February 2004, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ][/size]
Captain Pierce

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:41 am

Ahem! That pic looks like its off the ST encyclopedia (in which case the model they used is INACCURATE). Let's LOOK at the studio model [img]tongue.gif[/img]
(DELETED PIC) I dont have the webspace to be posting all these pics. dont make me do this again cap [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, I KNOW the bridge doesnt match the model. Im making the USS Stargazer varient (uses a Miranda/Connie II style bridge), the TNG Hathaway and Valkarie use the bridge you see now, and that is the only difference between the TMP, and TNG varients

[size="1"][ 13. February 2004, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
TheStressPuppy

Postby Captain Pierce » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:48 am

OK, there are little things there on that model. (Since the studio model was, IIRC, never seen as the Valkyrie, I would quibble with the accuracy of it, but never mind.) Even granted that SOMETHING is there, how do you figure that they're phasers? Look at the fire arcs they would have--they're on the inside of that little "notch," which means that actually on a part of the ship that slopes "down" briefly before going back "up" to the bridge module. That means they can fire straight up, a little "out" (away from the bridge module, that is), and a little "in" (back toward the bridge module). Talk about useless... even though they look similar to the phaser "balls" in that shot, I can't imagine how they're phasers...

You'll notice that they're not mirrored on the bottom side of the model in that same configuration, BTW:

That pic you call inaccurate is actually from the Star Trek Chronology, and is therefore most likely done by Greg Jein. That's close enough for me. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Quite frankly, I think it looks better without 'em...

Finally, let me bring the big gun in on this: Rick Sternbach. His Stargazer article in ST: The Magazine very clearly says that there are 12 "phaser turrets" on the primary hull. That equates quite simply into six dual-mount installations, three on the top and three on the bottom. Coincidentally, the exact same layout as the Constitution-class that the Constellation was designed to replace. ;)

If you've gotta put 'em on the model to be "complete" and "accurate," fine--but they ain't going to fire any phasers. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 08. February 2004, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ][/size]
Captain Pierce

Next

Return to Cataclysm Trek