[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Another TW/SoA WIP by Moi

Another TW/SoA WIP by Moi

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:35 pm

Howie, I was originally supposed to texture one that was already built for SoA. BUT... there was a slight problem....

Dolph asked me to find a way to bring the original Constellations staggering poly count down (it was over 5000). I found the only way to do this was to build a totally new model. This is a scratch build using the old model, schematics, and studio model pics as reference. with just 1 nacelle it is around 1400 (1 nacelle is around 300ish im still not finished with it yet). So with all 4 it "should" hit about 2300. I may add That iis a lower count than the current SoA Miranda :D If i put the torpedo bays on add about another 150ish give or take to the count. which is about 2450ish. That is STILL lower than the SoA Mirandas count :eek:

This is by no means NOT a diss of the SoA models or anyone elses skills for that matter. If that were true i would have made a new Miranda for the saratoga bash. All I just did was what dolph asked me to do [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now for my RANT...

This feeling im getting that people think i ripped this mesh is disturbing me greatly. Ive been modelling for ST:HW for over FOUR years now, and would NEVER stoop so low as to claim others work as my own. If i didnt make it, I credit the ones that did make it as i did with the Saratoga. I know how artist feel about being ripped off cause its already happend to me, or i should say US with the late "Universal Evolution" fiasco (ask dolph about that if u dont remember). Ill be more than happy to let you inspect the mesh, and compare it if you have doubts. I dont need to steal cause i GOT the skills to do it myself!

End of RANT...

Moi is french for ME BTW [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 31. January 2004, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
TheStressPuppy

Postby Captain Pierce » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:43 pm

*sigh* I was kidding, Stress, Jesus... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Captain Pierce

Postby Darth1o9 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:45 pm

you know cap i noticed you have that effect on people
Darth1o9

Postby Captain Pierce » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:07 pm

What can I say--I'm a people person. :D
Captain Pierce

Postby Phantom16 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:02 pm

Aren't we all? Isn't that why we sit in front of our computers all day designing starships to annihilate other starships that we also designed in order to acheive some kind of personal high? Dang..........major people person right here. :D
Phantom16

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:25 pm

Well im almost done meshing another starship to blow other starships up....well i dont think this one can do much damage, but hell its a model

Nacelles done, Im debating the putting torpedo bays now because the count is now 2547. If i mesh them were looking at 27-2900ish. Ill let u guys decide. Do we want torpedo bays or no? (theres 2 of them. Connie II style. on the upper, and lower pylons just under/above the horizontal pylons)

anyway enough yappin heres the pics.

Beauty aint she...pity shes an under-powered hulk delegated to cannon fodder.

The warp glows will be alpha textured in, this is to save polys (making the channel would cost at least 30 per nacelle)

Another view of the nacelle and underside detail.

EXTREME close-up

This is for you Non-Beliver's [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 31. January 2004, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
TheStressPuppy

Postby FendeR » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:37 pm

Great work!I want the torpedo bays :D
Someday, I'll own one of these biatches...:grinangel
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FendeR

Postby Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:41 pm

You're doing this in Milkshape? I'm impressed!
Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:46 pm

TheStressPuppy

Postby korunks » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:01 am

I think the torpedoe bays would round it out nicely.(these federation ships just don't seem complete without their torpedoes) Its an under powered hulk? I thought it was stronger than the Connie Refit?

[size="1"][ 31. January 2004, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: korunks ][/size]
korunks

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Trek