Wonderfull, but BTFF ?? (New BTFF release inside!)

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Sterlino

Post by Sterlino » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:50 pm

Fantastic !

belive me, ok SoA ok Wounded, but BTFF is really powerfull.
Many of the features are so compatible with the Cataclism playable! (sorry but dunno the exact term).
Only one thing - the gravity vector of some ships must be resetted.
For example, when you build a Destroyer, once is finished and then goes out of the starbase, the ships begin to move on and on away without stop...
sure you have noticed that.
good work, i am here to wait, if you need help in something fell free to to ask me.
Naturally i don't know nothing about modding on Homeworld... hehehe

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:48 pm

The bouncing bumper-car ships is a known bug in Cat. Not much we can do about it since its hardcoded :/ The mass and speed of the ships have alot to do with it. While we can probobly slow the ships down some they will still do the bumping into each other, and circleing around no matter how you set the stats.

[ 06. February 2004, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Sterlino

Post by Sterlino » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:51 pm

Originally posted by TheStressPuppy:
The bouncing bumper-car ships is a known bug in Cat. Not much we can do about it since its hardcoded :/ The mass and speed of the ships have alot to do with it. While we can probobly slow the ships down some they will still do the bumping into each other, and circleing around no matter how you set the stats.
I remember to have made some modify by myself at Homeworld, SoA one time ago, just for fun... some files of tactis or something like that, so the ships moved in really different ways.
You tell me that with Cataclism isn't possible ?

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:47 am

There are a couple of things that may be going wrong that I honestly just never got around to looking at fixes for. I think the circling when certain ships launch (the Constellation from TW is a HUGE example) could possibly be fixed in the "parade" scripts; and I think there may even be something in some script somewhere about formations (another Constellation problem). We're putting some ships into slots that they're somewhat too big for here, and I think that's where the endless looping may be coming from. Someday I really need to take a look in some of these files... :(

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:46 pm

Wow, it has been a LONG time since we worked on this mod... I can't believe some of the stuff that's still in there... ;)

Grabbed a couple of quick screenshots while I was in the game--

Leaking warp plasma, a Romulan Warbird turns to fight against a squadron of Federation fighters:

Even in the middle of combat, brave damage control teams man their workbees to repair their Phase 2:

Stress, we need to talk about this mod, I'll look for you on IM's... Image

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:25 pm

LOL! Your just NOW wanting to talk about it?! NINE months after the last update :D

Yes, it can sure use another one too. Ya Ya Ive been saying that since i posted the last one, but you know how real life and other things always seem to get in the way, and toss a monkey wrench in all our plans. Part of the deal was we were waiting for HW2 (and its supposed mod tools). Obviously since we are still modding Cat that didnt come to be. Least not yet.

There is still alot i want to do with this mod. Mainly get some enemys put it so the feds aint fighting beasties anymore [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sterlino

Post by Sterlino » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:29 pm

Originally posted by Captain Pierce:
Wow, it has been a LONG time since we worked on this mod... I can't believe some of the stuff that's still in there... ;)
YEAH !!! finally it happen !
Now He belive !! Now He belive !

hehe
good work folks....

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:44 pm

1st things first. Gotta get the TW stuff done [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sterlino

Post by Sterlino » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:15 pm

1st things first. Gotta get the TW stuff done Image
uhahaeeh ok ok

this post throw me up and down! ouch ! Image

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:33 am

Mainly get some enemys put it so the feds aint fighting beasties anymore [img]smile.gif[/img]
Actually, I was going to suggest the exact opposite. Since we have no freaking clue whatsoever what to do with the Kelvans at the moment, why not concentrate on the stuff we DO know what to do with: the Federation, Klingon, and Romulan lineups? There's still plenty of holes in there that need filling... ;) While we're doing that, we can try to come up with a Kelvan concept that actually works...

Return to “Cataclysm Trek”