The Wounded 2.1 screens

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby Darth1o9 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:35 am

the Bozemen had a funny looking Seneor array, on the daystrome institute it said they were guns, so bite me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Darth1o9

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:33 pm

Well, there's your first mistake--taking anything on DITL as fact without several rather large grains of salt. :D

Their Soyuz page is wrong on so many levels, it's scary. They suggest that the Bozeman was flung into the temporal anamoly as a result of combat with a Klingon battlecruiser, based on something from one of the novels. (This is obviously a ripoff of "Yesterday's Enterprise, of course.) There's no indication at all of this in "Cause and Effect." The implication there is that the ship was just cruising along, minding it's own business, when they got shot through space and time.

I also find it fascinating that they can look at four identical pods added to the model, and arbitrarily call two of them "phaser turrets," and two of them sensor pods. This is done partially, it seems, to reconcile a statement in the DS9 Technical Manual that's clearly a screwup on the part of the authors and is better ignored entirely.

Of course, as always in this land of contradictions that we call "Star Trek," your mileage may vary... :D

[size="1"][ 03. February 2004, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ][/size]
Captain Pierce

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Trek