The Wounded version 0.21 released & website launched

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:47 pm

TW 0.21 is actually a fairly small update, featuring mostly Stress' new Excelsiors; it also includes SvK's Melbourne kitbash, the SoA Galaxy-class model, and a pair of custom maps that each features one of those two.

Despite being fairly small in the update department, 0.21 is a full release and not a patch, so be sure to completely remove any previous version of TW (or any other mod ;) ) before installing.

With the release of 0.21, I've also decided to launch a little website for the mod (and for the still-upcoming ITL). It's not much, as my HTML skillz are limited, to say the least, but it does feature some thoughts I've had on how the Cardassian war might have started.

You can check out the website and get the mod by clicking this lovely release poster that CommanderJones was nice enough to do for me:

Enjoy!

[ 24. January 2004, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ]
<a href="http://www.trekmods.com/" target="_blank"> Image</a>

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:55 am

Less glamor = better load times [img]smile.gif[/img]

I fixed the red mist behind the Excelsior. The engine glows were just a bit too big. its a simple fix just open the bdfgfrigate ship file with wordpad, and scroll to engine glows, and set the width to 30, height to 15, and length to 10.

any particular reason why the excelsior doesnt fire at anything?

other than that great work [img]smile.gif[/img] ill work on adding some nav lights, and whatnot to the ships

[ 25. January 2004, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:39 pm

The Excelsior fires just fine for me... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And don't you have better things to do than navlights? Like modelling a shedload of ships for this Romulus idea of yours? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:38 pm

Nice. The starbase and the Curry are really in need of new models, but otherwise a fine release.

Bring on the next update to it. [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img]

Btw, it's hard to adjust to the HW:C controls when you've been playing HW2 for a while. :rolleyes:

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:57 pm

Originally posted by TheOneNamedViper:
Nice. The starbase and the Curry are really in need of new models, but otherwise a fine release.

Bring on the next update to it. [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img]

Btw, it's hard to adjust to the HW:C controls when you've been playing HW2 for a while. :rolleyes:
Working on it :D

Cap' the Romulus mod wont go anywhere if we cant get the ships in game, and working. which nobody has as of yet been able to do. in the mean time i still can do HW1/cat stuff :D

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:10 pm

I thought you were working on getting things ingame. God knows somebody needs to go in and translate the "Art Pipeline" into English... ;)

Fine, you want to work on HW/HWC stuff? Give me a Curry. And a new Centaur, while you're at it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Not to mention a new Constellation, or a new... well, lots of new stuff, quite frankly...

[ 25. January 2004, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ]

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:53 pm

LOL! already on it. I took a look at the other models u mentioned and said...Hmmmmm now we can do better than that :D

The Curry is 1st on the list and will be the easiest to do since its a just a kit-bash of the excelsior.

Ill also work on making the saratoga, and soyuz varients

and yes im still working on the constellation :/

Would you like a new Ambassador and Starbase while im at it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 25. January 2004, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:33 pm

That's a negatory on a new Ambassador, as I don't think there's much wrong with the existing one. Also, if you've got a good Miranda to work with (and apparently you must if you're planning the Soyuz and Saratoga), the Centaur is also a fairly easy kitbash--although if you wanted to ignore all the ugly greebling that the "canon" Centaur has, I wouldn't mind... ;)

Although, the question is, is it worth putting effort into building these right now if they're just going to have to be redone for HW2?

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:31 am

If you're doing Miranda variants, do remember to use the retextured SoA Miranda, and not the one currently in The Wounded. ;)

Btw CP, as a general rule of thumb, before making a new release, always check the latest builds of the other Trek mods, just in case they have newer versions of some ships. (off the top of my head, I can name the Miranda for one, and there's a newer Spacedock out there too. If you don't have it yet, ask dolph about it...)

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:34 am

Yeah, well, I don't get the latest builds of any of the mods... ;)

Return to “Cataclysm Trek”