[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Back in a modding mood...

Back in a modding mood...

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:48 pm

Indeed that is some damn fine work cap (and Howie/SvK) I see absolutly nothing wrong with the smothing at all. I never thought ships in HW-Cat could look that good [img]smile.gif[/img] (I like the shameless plug's of my excelsior's in the background too ;) )

[size="1"][ 03. January 2004, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
TheStressPuppy

Postby FendeR » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:40 pm

Hebrew-English dicrionary ;)
Someday, I'll own one of these biatches...:grinangel
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FendeR

Postby Captain Pierce » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:00 pm

You see, that's the thing--nobody ever actually noticed, because so many of the Barking Dog models were so horribly textured, but Cataclysm does have some lighting and texturing enhancements built into it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Captain Pierce

Postby Captain Pierce » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:12 pm

Oh, and speaking of that old starbase, there wouldn't be a newer one around somewhere, would there? Of either the Spacedock or Starbase 375 type? ;)
Captain Pierce

Postby Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:28 pm

Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Postby Darth1o9 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:55 am

i just wanna play with Stressys newish baby [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Darth1o9

Postby DW » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:44 am

Thanks for that SvK, I was thinking about point that out, but you beat me to it.
DW

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:50 am

TheOneNamedViper

Postby Sterlino » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:18 am

Sterlino

Postby Captain Pierce » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:57 pm

Well, here's the thing.

Spacedock is one of those models that's been shot at WAAAAY too many different sizes over the years. When they showed the Enterprise-D docking at one sometime in the first season of TNG (the episode with the Binars, IIRC), they made the ship appear the same size in relationship to the Starbase as the Enterprise refit did in Star Trek III. Since the Ent-D is 3.3 times as wide as the Enterprise refit, that would mean that the "larger" Spacedock would have 36 times as much internal volume as the "smaller" one. (Math according to Ex Astris.) Since the volume of the "smaller" one is already 7 km^3, with an estimated 740 decks yielding an approximate area of 1200 square kilometers, scaling the thing up makes for a completely ridiculous size. With bigger doors, the Ent-D could actually fit into the "smaller" Spacedock, as it happens, so Ex Astris chooses to believe that the TNG Starbase is just the TMP Spacedock with bigger doors, and I'm going with the explanation as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Captain Pierce

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Trek