Back in a modding mood...

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:19 am

Oh, this isn't NEARLY that bad... ;)

I've been nosing through the old TW 0.2 thread, and found a couple of bugs that I never did get around to fixing. Let me see what I can do with them before any sort of release, shouldn't be all that long though... [img]smile.gif[/img]

korunks

Post by korunks » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:07 am

looks real good Pierce, especially when you compare to the actual melbourne, Hope you get the release soon. It'll be more fun having that then having nothing, while waiting for ITL [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img]

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:20 am

Ok, this should make Howedar happier: ;)

Smoothing AND self-illumination are on in this shot. Honestly, I don't have the eye to know if smoothing does anything in Cataclysm or not, but the self-illumination is definitely working. :D

I've kept the weapons loadout same as the Nebula in SOA--

--which is roughly the same number of guns as an Ambassador, but more firepower per gun and quite a few more hit points.

Finally, a bit more of a look at the map these are taken on, the "Assault on Orias" 2-player MP map I've been tinkering with. (Absolutely no prize at all to anyone who can identify the reference to DS9 in there. Image ) I should note that this map is HEAVILY based on the "Battle for Hiigara" map by One of One Million that's included in his Cataclysm mod Rebirth, both in concept and execution. Many thanks to OOTM for his kind permission to use his excellent work...

The Cardassian shipyard has no weapons at this point; given how tough it is to fight through the horde of Bakrus-class Multibeam Frigates to get to it, I didn't figure it was necessary.

Here's a wider shot--

--showing the map's origins in the Cataclysm version of the Hiigaran system. ;)

[ 03. January 2004, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ]

DW

Post by DW » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:33 am

Looks good man, Can't wait to try it out.

Howedar

Post by Howedar » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:04 am

Jesus, that first smoothed shot of the Melbourne really caught me by surprise. Holy crap, are we really that damned good!? That looks absolutely freaking incredible, especially in that shot. Kudos to all involved (especially since I think that includes me :D ).

FendeR

Post by FendeR » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:16 pm

What's kudos? I heard it an Incubus song once(Warning) and I have no idea what it means :confused:
Someday, I'll own one of these biatches...:grinangel
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:28 pm

ku·do
n. pl. ku·dos

A praising remark; an accolade or compliment: “Children's book author Virginia Hamilton added another kudo to her prize-laden career."

Usage Note: Kudos is one of those words like congeries that look like plurals but are etymologically singular. Acknowledging the Greek history of the term requires Kudos is (not are) due her for her brilliant work on the score. But kudos has often been treated as a plural, especially in the popular press, as in She received many kudos for her work. This plural use has given rise to the singular form kudo. These innovations follow the pattern whereby the English words pea and cherry were shortened from nouns ending in an (s) sound (English pease and French cerise), that were mistakenly thought to be plural. The singular kudo remains far less common than the plural use; both are often viewed as incorrect in more formal contexts. ·It is worth noting that even people who are careful to treat kudos only as a singular often pronounce it as if it were a plural. Etymology would require that the final consonant be pronounced as a voiceless (s), as we do in pathos, another word derived from Greek, rather than as a voiced (z).

(Aren't you sorry you asked? :D )

[ 03. January 2004, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Captain Pierce ]

FendeR

Post by FendeR » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:10 pm

I'll just look in the dictionary [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Someday, I'll own one of these biatches...:grinangel
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Manticore

Post by Manticore » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:10 pm

I don't know about him, but I'm sure sorry he asked! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The ship's looking fine Pierce, though I can't shake the vague feeling that it looks all puffy with smoothing on, a MASSIVE prob I have with the SOA sovereign.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:14 pm

That WAS from the dictionary. Or at least dictionary.com... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Return to “Cataclysm Trek”