[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - We aint Dead.......least not yet

We aint Dead.......least not yet

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby TheStressPuppy » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:42 pm

Apologies for the lack of updates. I know at times you can hear crickets chirping on these boards.

What remains of the team are still around as you can see from the screenshot post of hw2 ships, and other hw2 related stuff. Ill be brutally honest here. Absolutly NO work is being done on the HW1 mods at this moment, and for the 1st time HW/Cat has been removed from my system. All of us are waiting for some kind of functional HW2 modding tools. What we have to work with tho valiant efforts by the community just dont work.

It is HW2 thats giving us the lack of motivation to mod hw/cat further. At this point i belive Hw/Cat have reached thier limit as far as modding is concerned. We pushed the "unmoddable" game well above and beyond what it was intended to do. Unless someone figures out how to re-compile the HW source i dont expect to see any new HW/Cat mods anytime soon.

That being said I think its only fair to release what we have done so far with HW/Cat.

Understand that these releases are NOT complete. We had much more in mind for them, but due to RL issue's, engine limitations, Reality checks, yada yada, We cant finish em. You may, or may not have problems with them (we didnt, so i dont see anyone else, but you never know).

Here they are, The beta dev versions of IaW, and BTFF.

Innocence and Wrath has a couple of tweaks and a new ship or 2 its been so long since i worked on it i dont even know whats in my own mod anymore lol [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Beyond the Final Frontier still has no race_beast (kelvin/andromedan) ships. But all the other slots are pretty much full ether with new ships or hand me downs from IaW. The new Phase 2 and Star Empire models should be in this release along with the new D-7. If they arent let me know and ill import them.

Understand that we arent totally giving up on the mods. Perhaps something will spark our interest again. Anyways, Enjoy the mods. they are a taste of whats awaiting HW2 when we can get the proper tools to work with :D

[size="1"][ 11. December 2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
How can you alter one side of a bargain? baltar
When there is no "other" side...You missed the whole point of the war. The Imperious Leader
TheStressPuppy

Postby deathblane » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:39 pm

Hey it's all cool :D

This last month or two has felt a bit like the end of an era, but surely with the unlimited unit slots for HW2, most if not all of these moddels will have at lest 1 reincarnation as HW2 varients.
deathblane

Postby TheStressPuppy » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:45 pm

hehehe i would have to say ALL of them will ;)
TheStressPuppy

Postby DW » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:45 am

Stress, are you hinting some thing or did I miss a final word on the HW2 mod?
DW

Postby TheStressPuppy » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:56 pm

I will say at least ONE ST:HW member is in the planning stages of a HW2 mod. It will use the BEST models from various ST mod communitys. The founder has at least 2 ship's built for it, and is working on some more, he just needs the proper TOOLS to import em with (that includes all the textures, the light maps, bump, and specular mapping) The mod is based in the TMP era after ST:VI. when exactly im not sure. There will be TOS ships making cameo appearences. The Fed's won't be fighting the Klingons this time. They arent your allies yet, but the arent your enemy ether. Khitomer will be a an important planet. The "Bad guys" are a very familiar race that can cloak. They are very weird and extremely pissed off over the khitomer peace talks (figure out who they are yet?)

[size="1"][ 12. December 2003, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
TheStressPuppy

Postby deathblane » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:39 pm

ummm, the Breen? ;)

Here's a question. Can ships be added 'unit wise' or do you need to do a single full mod?
deathblane

Postby guy man » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:39 am

What about ITL?
guy man

Postby Captain Pierce » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:03 am

ITL has been on hold for KOTOR... ;)
Captain Pierce

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:38 am

No its NOT Breen! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ok, ill let the cat outta the bag. I am planning a post TMP era mod for HW2 with the Romulans as our "Bad Guys". Two Problems 1) Model import for HW2 is still "primative" at best, and i cant import crap right now. While we can import a mesh. We Can't import all its textures, lightmaps, FX, etc, etc. I want to be able to utilize ALL of HW2's features. 2) Im looking for a good excuse for a TMP era (post ST:VI) war between the feds and rommies. Not that the rommies need an excuse to go to war ;) The Klingons are Neutral this time, but may render assistance. Especially if attacked. Hell im tempted to set the war during the time when the Ent-c is destroyed and the klinks join with the Feds, but thats too close to the TNG era. Or set it to the events leading to that incident.

Basicly the Romulans havnt been explored near enough as the primary antagonist in any mod. The "ST: Eyes of Fury" mod intends to remedy that situation. The problem is pulling it off, and making it beliveable. Especially for the unexplored era between ST:VI, and ST:TNG. we got enough TNG and later mods IMO.

Our interest in the HW1 mods has pretty much fizzled out at this point, tho we may go back and do some work. Its not likely to happen anytime soon. As for ITL your gonna have to ask capt' pierce about that. Im not doing any work for it.
TheStressPuppy

Postby korunks » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:39 am

KOTOR??
korunks

Next

Return to Cataclysm Trek