We aint Dead.......least not yet

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby Captain Pierce » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:01 am

Knights Of The Old Republic. A damned addictive game by any name.

Stress, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the obvious "excuse" for a post-TMP Fed/Rom mod is the Tomed Incident of 2311; this "incident" not only inspired a Treaty of Algeron (apparently the second; the treaty that ended the old Earth/Romulan War of the 22nd century has been referred to by this name--probably by mistake--but the original mention of it was in relation to a treaty signed just after the Tomed Incident that prohibited the Federation from developing cloaking technology. See "The Pegasus") but also led to the Romulans removing themselves from the Galactic scene for 53 years. (Presumably because they got their green asses kicked by the Feds. :D )

The really great thing about a pre-Treaty mod, IMO, is that it lets you give EVERYBODY cloaking devices. :cool:
Captain Pierce

Postby TheStressPuppy » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:24 pm

Interesting, I'll have to do some research on that. Now if we can just get the rest of ST:HW on the bandwagon we may have something going here ( like SoA is ever gonna get updated again now that HW2 is here). The good thing about this is that any work we do here will benefit a HW1 mod. least in the model department :D

This also brings new posibilities to the Klingons. The "Soon to be former Romulan allies" Have a difficult choice to make. Thier Homeworld is a wreck from the destruction of Praxis, Thier economy is just as trashed. The Great Houses are divided over who they should side with. If they should chose a side at all. Thier old enemy, or the Honorless Veq. They are well aware of the Klingon/Human/Romulan conspircy to assasinate the Klingon Chancelor, and the Federation President to put an end to the peace talks, and start a shooting war between the feds and Klinks. They are furious that thier Allies let alone thier own people were a part of this conspiricy. I Expect to see Klingons of different houses fighting on BOTH sides. or waiting to see who wins the fight then kick the victors ass. :D

More on this subject in the HW2 Mods section

[size="1"][ 13. December 2003, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ][/size]
TheStressPuppy

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Trek