Race Beast = Federation (TW)

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Cataclysm

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Charvell, Pierce 2: The Sequel

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Fri Dec 27, 2002 2:44 am

Well, I have most of the Starfleet ships I have or can easily simulate in the race_beast folder:

So far, it seems to be working pretty well. The New Orleans in the multigun corvette slot, in particular, is fun to watch. Image OTOH, the real test of this setup is going to be the Cardassians, I think...

At any rate, there was one problem in the shiplist I posted, which I may have solved. Can any one tell me what this pic means?

Maybe this closeup on the cloaked Ion Array Frigate will help:

Manticore

Post by Manticore » Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:20 am

The feds are violating treaty! They've got cloaking ships!
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha
No, don't take me away! Please!

I needed that.

BTW, what's a Falcon?

------------------
Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Let's be about it.

[This message has been edited by Manticore (edited 27 December 2002).]

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:47 am

Yep, the Judge Advocate General's office is going to have a word or two with the Admiral commanding this task force... Image

EXCERPT FROM JANE'S FIGHTING STARSHIPS, 2372 EDITION:

Falcon class Support Courier

Introduced in 2347, the Falcon-class was Starfleet's first attempt at a long-duration, multi-mission support craft (a role now being filled by the Danube-class runabout). Ultimately, the Falcon proved to have neither a long enough duration nor a wide enough variety of mission capabilities. Attempts in the 2350's to use a new variant of the Excelsior class, dubbed the Shelly, as a sort of mothership for Falcons did extend the service life of the class by a few years, but by 2363 the design specification for the Danube had been issued, sounding the death knell for the Falcon.

Peregrine Class Tactical Fighter

Until recently, the Peregrine was a footnote in the history of the Cardassian War. One Federation Fleet Commander took the Falcon support courier and added a pair of phaser banks and two single-shot launchers for tri-cobalt missiles. Starfleet decided against pursuing the design further, not seeing the necessity for it. However, recent conflicts with the terorrist group known as "The Maquis" indicate that they are using Falcon support couriers modified along the lines of the Peregrine; and rumour has it that Starfleet is taking another look at the design itself...

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:40 am

I think the romulans r gonna be really pissed off if they catch an excelsior 2 with a cloaking device Image

as for another question, why is race_beast a better choice for the feds?

[This message has been edited by TheStressPuppy (edited 27 December 2002).]

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:10 pm

Well, for TW, it just seemed right... more available slots, less screwing around with the Mimic/MCV/Ramming Frig/etc. Now, part of this is the fact that it's not an SP-compatible mod, and I wouldn't recommend a similar strategy for something like BTFF... Image

AstroMat1

Post by AstroMat1 » Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:10 pm

Pierce I have a question for you.

How are you going to impliment the build list for the Beast side? What I mean is all the extra ships, are they going to be buildable from the start, or are we going to have to infect some Somtaaw ships to get those?

Just asking.

------------------
Matt Swayne
aka AstroMat1

Sound guru for Armada, JKII, and other games...just for fun.

Also MEXer and SHPer for Homeworld!

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:36 pm

I've added the "infected" Somtaaw ships to the Beast research dependencies (not hard to do, they're just commented out in researchdepend.script), so they'll be part of the standard research system. Sort of. They don't show up on the research manager, but that might be changeable with FEMAN, judging by a comment in the script...

Aphenicus

Post by Aphenicus » Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:55 am

Hi, Im porting the HW mod BTSW over to HW:C and I was wondering is there a way to add ALL the Plasma Bomb Slots (Very Large, and Large arent there), and is there a way to change the missle and mine models? I have tried to add the other plasma bombs but have had no luck.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:10 am

Hmmm... I'm fairly certain all four sizes of plasma bomb worked in-game when I was testing weapons damage a while back...

As for changing the mine and missile models--missiles for each side are located in their respective "race_xx" folders. The mine, I think, is in the race_derelict folder.

Aphenicus

Post by Aphenicus » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:58 pm

Thanks alot

Return to “Cataclysm Trek”