More Nice Renders 4 Ya (big pics)

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Homeworld

Moderators: Redragon, TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:37 am

O.K. So im obsessed with this ship. All i ever think about is the connie. Every waking moment. Its taken over my mind! Somebody stop it! Help me! HELP ME!! Image

Seriously, This is the 2nd version of 3 im making. The 1st was based on the Smithsonian model. This one is based on what we saw on TV. Hence the "Canon" version. Semi-Canon actually, I found it VERY difficult to duplicate some things. The color scheme is as close as it comes.

One thing i found interesting was that ALL of the Nav lights were the SAME color. Every reference photo i saw they were the same. No red, No green, AMBER! I guess the old effects guys couldnt tell the difference between Port, and Starboard. Go figure, i just duplicated it on the model Image

I made some minor tweaks to the mesh, but this was just a basic re-skin job Image Enough rambling, heres the renders..

------------------
Have you FLOGGED your crew today?!
STRESS PUPPY noun. A person who thrives on stress, yet complains about it constantly.

[This message has been edited by TheStressPuppy (edited 28-04-2002).]

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:43 am

More pics Image

Now i get to pull my hair out trying to make the "Enterprised" version.

------------------
STRESS PUPPY noun. A person who thrives on stress, yet complains about it constantly.

Howedar

Post by Howedar » Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:11 am

Ooooooh!

------------------
Star Trek: Homeworld Modeler

NapoleonGH

Post by NapoleonGH » Sun Apr 28, 2002 5:04 am

how do you take into account the fact that what we saw on tv changed. In a few episodes the back instead of having those semi-globes had those holes

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:11 am

I tried to duplicate the most "common" version seen

The studio model itself went thru several "upgrades" during filming.

In the 1964 pilot episode (the cage) the E had a huge bridge dome with a window in front of it, Dark markings on the top saucer by the nav lights, An oversized "dish" in front of the deflector housing, Rods in front of the bussard collectors (to cover up the screws) and it didnt have the globes at the end of the nacelles insted it had "vent holes".

The 1966 pilot (where no man has gone before) reused some footage from the 1st pilot, and the model was re-worked. The bussard rods were removed, a new bridge dome was made, and grid lines were added (tho u cant see them in the series due to the poor filming quality of that time), and the warp nacelles still had the "vent holes"

Later in the series the model was worked over again. The nacelle globes were added. This model represents the final "in series" upgrade.

If you look thru all the TOS episodes. They re-used ALOT of footage. One minute u would see 1 version, the next another version. If i modeled ALL of the different versions there prolly would be SIX different configurations. 5 versions of the 11 foot model, and 1 version of the 3 foot model.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon Apr 29, 2002 1:59 am

STRESS RULES!!!!

ShaunDon

Post by ShaunDon » Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:33 am

Very very nice. I really like the window details on the rim of the saucer... they look extremely life-like. Like there're rooms inside. Image I've tried to do that, but I really haven't had the patience for it yet.

ShaunDon

------------------
www.cybertours.com/~gdonnell/
"I swear I way more than half believe it when I say that somewhere love and justice shine.
Cynicism falls asleep. Tyrany talks to itself. Sappy slogans all come true. We forget to feed our fear."
- The Weakerthans, "Confessions of a Futon-Revolutionist"

[This message has been edited by ShaunDon (edited 29-04-2002).]

[This message has been edited by ShaunDon (edited 29-04-2002).]

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:58 am

Well after double checking some sources i found out they could tell the difference between port n starboard. but they only put the red/green lights on the top saucer (we rarely if ever saw the top of the saucer in series). they used almost clear christmas light bulbs too which u cannot duplicate in a renderer (least i havnt figured out how to yet).

Anyways i imported the finished mod to SFC heres some shots in game.

If you own SFC2/OP heres a link to download the mod http://www.tgu.org.uk/users/spuppy/files/sfc/fcatv.zip

------------------

Vanquish69uk

Post by Vanquish69uk » Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:09 am

Stress u TOS know it all u!
Great job.

------------------

Vanquish69uk

Post by Vanquish69uk » Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:09 am

Stress u TOS know it all u!
Great job.

------------------

Return to “Homeworld Trek”