Who still plays Homeworld?

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Homeworld

Moderators: Redragon, TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix

Charvell

Post by Charvell » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:07 pm

Thats all I did. Used lod0 with lod2 textures for now. I can probably get to them after I get done.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:30 pm

Originally posted by Charvell:
Auto_lodder won't work. It deletes the barrels/turrets and causes the game to crash. That's probably why Dolph only used lod0. I'll deal with it later.
Autolodder does work and it does not cause HW to crash!!!!!!Look at pic of r1\defender at lod2 or 3 can't remember:

All you have to do is change the settings in auto lodder to get the right set of lods for the peo that you want lodded.The turrets work perfectly in the lodded peos!

maxdamage

[ 01. June 2005, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]

Charvell

Post by Charvell » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:13 pm

Thanks Max. Good work. I was in error [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well... I tried removing all the hsf, btg, cursorbitmaps, feman and nothing changed so that tells me these files and folders are not a problem.

There are 2 possibilities left and neither one will be easy to test.

1) The number of 256 lifs is too great for the game to handle.

2) The ETG folder and effects are too much for the game to handle.

[ 02. June 2005, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Charvell ]

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:21 am

Originally posted by Charvell:
Thanks Max. Good work. I was in error [img]smile.gif[/img]
No problem.Don't worry about it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I know that autolodder works from my failed attempt to create a HW mod which failed mostly due not knowing on how to create a texs.ll and also quite a few of the programs giving me lots of runtime errors which really frustrated me as I wanted to get my mod into the game.

Could only get a few ships into the game but the .mex file is still a problem.Still got my mods files in the sierra folder.Maybe one day...... :rolleyes:

That bigcontentsculled.txt file :confused: me.if you modify the contents then the game still works but yet it is in the big file?Or if you just delete all the entries in the txt file and then have the file loaded the game still runs okay?

maxdamage.

[ 02. June 2005, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:23 am

In my experience, Charv, problems in the ETG cause the game to crash, not corrupt. Also, if there's too many 256's, it's noticeable all the time, not just in certain situations.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:05 am

Originally posted by Pierce 2: The Sequel:
Might be something left over from the original game, some sort of texture sharing issue or something... "engineback" certainly doesn't sound like something Dolph would have named a texture... ;)
Most definitely boobs.lif is something that Dolph used as it comes from the SoAv_95a\R1\cloakedfighter\rl0\lod0 folder. ;)

maxdamage.

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:14 am

Actually, I think Charvell named that particular .lif... ;)

Charvell

Post by Charvell » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:16 am

I've been thinking... The corruption is more when there are more Dominion players, correct? In other words, when you play as Fed you get corruption sooner than if you play as Dom. Maybe after the r2 folder has been redone we'll have more to go on. After all, the r2 folder has more fixing to attend to than r1 did.

I've made a couple of changes that I'll post up in the Dev for you to DL. I added a derelicts folder and all entries are redirected. Changes didn't seem to make a difference but if for some reason you decide to play a map with any of the derelicts or P slot ships in them it could cause trouble. Better to be prepared.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:09 am

Why was the r1\resourcecontroller ship from the SoAv9 mod replaced with another ship in the Soav95a mod?I love that ship even the resource collector from SoAv9.Found that lif again in the SoAv_9\r1\resourcecontroller\rl0\lod0 folder.RMF99ba.lif which is empty.It is created by HWSE from my experiences with the program.

maxdamage.

[ 02. June 2005, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:11 am

RMF99ba.lif is a texture assigned by Homeworld (and HWSE) to any untextured area of a ship...

Return to “Homeworld Trek”