[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Who still plays Homeworld?

Who still plays Homeworld?

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Homeworld

Moderators: Redragon, TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix

Postby Durandel » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:48 pm

Hi guys. There was a thread at Relic news a little while ago about your texture corruption problems and it got me thinking. I had an idea last night that might be an answer to it.

Have you removed entries from the original textures.ll file? If so then perhaps you've removed entries that are still being called, perhaps by hardcoding, and therefore you've got textures loading without memory alloaction (thus creating corruption regardless of how tightly you've managed your new textures). Why not try a new LL file that simply adds your new textures without removing any of the original entries? Even if you think I'm wrong it wouldn't hurt to try it.

Reason for me thinking this might be the problem; when I was working with HWC I carefully removed all of the redundant textures from the LL file and found that (a) it didn't improve texture memory usage because the game only drew resources for the PEOs it loaded and (b) it caused crashes in single player mode - clearly it was looking for something I'd removed. In the end I simply added my new texture entries to the original LL file without removing the old ones. The game worked fine after that and, combined with texture sharing, I got rid of all texture corruption.

Hope this helps.

[size="1"][ 29. June 2005, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Durandel ][/size]
Durandel

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:02 pm

Actually, dolph came back with a solution for us. We are now running player vs. 7 CPU totally corruption free in the dev version. :D IIRC, the problem as suspected was duplicate names between the ships. That and wrongly reported sizes in the .ll
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Durandel » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:32 pm

Well that shot me out of the water, eh?! :D

Glad to hear you sorted it all out.
Durandel

Postby TheStressPuppy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:01 am

Weve made tremendous progress since dolph helped fix the problems (not just with the corruption). A few new ships and some more bug hunts and we should have something for you..Reeeaaalll sssssoooooooonnnn [img]graemlins/eviltail.gif[/img]
TheStressPuppy

Postby maxdamage » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:58 pm

maxdamage

Postby TheStressPuppy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:38 am

TheStressPuppy

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:13 am

TheOneNamedViper

Postby maxdamage » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:39 pm

maxdamage

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:44 am

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby Tech » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:59 am