Who still plays Homeworld?

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Homeworld

Moderators: Redragon, TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Tue May 10, 2005 10:38 pm

Just curious is all how may still play the game [img]smile.gif[/img]
How can you alter one side of a bargain? baltar
When there is no "other" side...You missed the whole point of the war. The Imperious Leader

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue May 10, 2005 11:24 pm

Last time I played HW was about a month ago.

maxdamage.

Manticore

Post by Manticore » Tue May 10, 2005 11:42 pm

Occasionally, less than I'd like. :(
Lord Vorkosigan <i>does not</i> always get what he wants!

Let's be about it.

korunks

Post by korunks » Wed May 11, 2005 12:03 am

Weekly.....at least, but that may be kind of obvious. :D

Cattivo Siciliano

Post by Cattivo Siciliano » Wed May 11, 2005 12:09 am

Maybe once or twice a week... depends on my mood...

Charvell

Post by Charvell » Wed May 11, 2005 1:13 am

A better question would be who still plays Homeworld II :D

When I first started playing back in 99 I was floored by the total concept and one of the things that made it so intriguing was that it was really easy to fiddle with and make discoveries. All you needed was the big extractor and notepad. Of course there was the idea that when you were done playing the R1 side you could turn around and play R2. All in all the intrigue was so powerful it kept the entire modding community, and everyone who ever played the game, almost totally emmersed for the next "FIVE YEARS". Amazing!!!

Then along came Homeworld II. The big lie. It was supposed to be "more" than HW. It was supposed to be very modable.... All it was for me was a big let down. Now here we are; old HW modders with no game to mod because the game we loved was replaced by a "better one". Sarcasm is "Soooooooo" much fun [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11. May 2005, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Charvell ]

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Wed May 11, 2005 1:30 am

I still play HW2 even carring on with part of my HW2 mod.

maxdamage.
ImageNFS:MW NFS:U2 NFS:C Graaaagh! hellkom
"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle-station"- Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars movie Star Wars Episode 6:Return of the Jedi!
"I was elected to lead not read!" by Pres.Schwarzenegger in The Simpsons :The movie!

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Wed May 11, 2005 2:52 am

Where im going with this is...

1st) Im seeing if anyone still actually reads these boards.

2nd) Im getting the "wild hair" to start working on HW mods again. To see if theres any interest still out there for HW1, and Cat mods.

I honestly havnt played HW in over a year (actually sat down, and played a game, and not do any kind of modding to it).

I feel your pain Charvell. All of us modders were let down by HW2. That "big lie" is IMO what killed our mods to begin with, or at least it helped hasten thier demise. From this point on HW2 is irrelevent to this discussion. Dont mention it here again :D (Brands the scarlet letter on HW2)

[ 11. May 2005, 02:56 AM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Wed May 11, 2005 5:04 am

I'm just as disappointed in what us modders got in HW2 as the next guy, but let's give credit where credit is due--HW2 is more moddable than HW1. The problem is that it's more than correspondingly harder to work with. We didn't get mod tools for HW2--we got the tools Relic made the game with, and that's part of the problem. When the Maya PLE deal fell through (I'm guessing because Sierra wouldn't front the cash), then HW2 "modding" essentially became full-on game development; and most of us, myself most definitely included, don't have the sort of time (and, certainly in my case, ambition :D ) to do that.

As for modding HW and HWC again... there are serious issues to fix in any of the existing mods, remember, Stress... ;)

Charvell

Post by Charvell » Wed May 11, 2005 8:12 pm

Sorry. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Just venting a bit. Won't happen again....

As for playing HW: I play a bit now and then but I have issues with XP. Really though...the only time I play is when I'm in a modding mood.

[ 11. May 2005, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Charvell ]

Return to “Homeworld Trek”