New Ship, can it be done?

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Homeworld

Moderators: Redragon, TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix

Dave Lister

Post by Dave Lister » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:50 am

Hi!

I have a picture of a ship that I think would go well with SoA

It looks like an up to date Bon Homme Richard (at least to me it does)

Tell me what you think

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:07 am

Well, to fully be a BHR/Yamato successor, it needs a couple of totally unnecessary rollbars... :D

Seriously, it's not bad if you're into that sort of SFC "just add more secondary hulls, nacelles, and rollbars" sort of design philosophy. I personally am not [img]smile.gif[/img] , but I hang out at the SFC forums, so I'm used to that sort of thing... ;)

Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Post by Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:57 pm

I think there was something in a Star Trek Technical Manual about the saucer/secondary hull/2 nacelle shape being most "aerodynamic" (if you replace air with a warp field) Of course, half of Starfleet's ships and everyone who isn't human completely ignore this.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:15 am

No offence but it looks like a kitbashed sovereign class ship to look like an upgraded version of the Bon Homme class starship.Just like my Boneen class star ship which is a kitbashed model.

maxdamage.

[ 13. January 2005, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:52 am

Why would he be offended by that? That's clearly what it is... just as the BHR is a kitbashed (not to mention scaled-up ;) ) Constitution... and the original SFC Yamato has a certain kitbashiness about it, although it's not technically kitbashed from Constitution parts.

Anyway, Listy (if I may use a Rimmer-ism there [img]smile.gif[/img] ), I feel I should point that--if you were advancing this as a candidate for SOA mothership--it's not going to happen. ;) The most obvious problem is that SOA is dead in the water along with all the team's other HW and HWC mods; but I also believe that an updated BHR of some sort was at one point considered for SOA, and dismissed in favor of the Starbase concept. A friend and I did a little work on a massive mothership concept for ITL, but it just never panned out...

Dave Lister

Post by Dave Lister » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:14 am

oh well thats dissapointing, but it could have been Good! BTW I didn't make that pic I just borrowed it to show it round and see if someone somewhere could put it into what ever game they like to mod (and one i'd be willing/able to play)

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:31 am

The BHR was based off the SFC Yamato. The SFC Yamato itself was a bashed Excelsior (least its twin secondarys were excelsior based). Just took that concept, and substituted TOS connie parts in its place.

Ive been reconsidering the BHR herself for a while now, While i like the way she came out for the HW mod. She isnt quite SFC worthy. One of these days ill get around to re-designing, and rebuilding her relying less on connie parts , and more on original parts.

Return to “Homeworld Trek”