[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Wow!?

Wow!?

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Homeworld

Moderators: Redragon, TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix

Postby korunks » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:27 am

I dug out Soa the other night for nostaligia purposes, (and to cure a little boredom) but when I installed it the graphics like the ngine glows, nav lights, phasers, and even photons have been all messed up. I followed the basic clean homeworld install, update, mod. Anyone have any clue what went wrong?
korunks

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:09 am

How many players were in your game? I never saw it myself, because I'm a 1v1 kind of guy, but apparently the last build of SoA had texture corruption problems if you had too many players...
Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby korunks » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:59 pm

Now that you mention it pierce I remember that multiple player texture glitch. I had three people 2v1. Lemme run it again with just one. Thanks!
korunks

Postby korunks » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:08 am

problem solved, Thanks pierce!
korunks

Postby maxdamage » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:56 am

I have both v_9 and v_95a and both have texture corruption with 2 or more players even sometimes with just 1v1.Still both versions of the mod were good but did not like the new resource controller for the federation in v_95a.

maxdamage.
Image [url=http://www.nfsplanet.com/en/nfsc/showcase/author/10916/
]NFS:C[/URL]
"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle-station"- Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars movie Star Wars Episode 6:Return of the Jedi!
"I was elected to lead not read!" by Pres.Schwarzenegger in The Simpsons :The movie!
maxdamage

Postby TheStressPuppy » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:12 am

Yes the corruption has been an ongoing problem for quite a while, All the HW mods have it to some degree, and sorry to say, but it doesnt look like there is a fix for it. We have tried everything we could think of short of "nerfing" the already low resolution textures down even lower.

Like Pierce said, If you play 1 vs 1 the problem doesnt come up often, but more than 1 more than likely you will get corruption.

We are open to suggestions on how to fix this.
TheStressPuppy

Return to Homeworld Trek