More "technical" stuff

Discussions of various Star Trek ships and mods for Homeworld

Moderators: Redragon, TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix

Phantom16

Post by Phantom16 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:48 pm

Ok, Lemme start by saying that I've always liked the way they use all that "technical babble" in Star Trek. I'm one of the people who often get into discussions on "how this works" or "what happens when you go into a black hole" and stuff like that. Sooooooooo...

In the episode "All good things..." (which yes, I've watched around 352 times), the anomoly appears in the future, getting bigger in the past. If that is the case, how did it form in the future? If the anomoly did occur "backwards" in time, how did it appear later on in the future? Speculations are appreciated, any sarcastic or cynical remarks will be met with a slow and painful death. If you don't understand the question, a bunch of :( or :eek: will do.
"Assimilate this!"

Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Post by Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:14 pm

I was created in the future and grew over time. It's time is backwards compared to the rest of the universe. It seems as straightfoward as such a thing can be.

The_Lumberjack
Location: ...a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Beatlegeuse. Or Lancaster Univers

Post by The_Lumberjack » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:26 pm

Well, to my, somewhat addled mind, when Picard was sent pissing around in time, he kept creating these universes, and when he fired the last beam on board the Enterprise X in a universe where it had already been done twice, this action caused the formation of the temporal thing, but this then caused a new timeline to be formed which allowed the temporal anomaly to be absent at one moment and there and growing backwards the next. Or something.

deathblane

Post by deathblane » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:36 pm

Well wasn't it started in the future, but then grew as you went into the past. Or perhaps a better way of putting it is it started really, really big, possibly at the start of the universe, and then got smaller over time untill at some point in the future it vanished.

DW

Post by DW » Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:04 am

One thing I've learnde about time travel in any universe out side of Dr. Who, Don't ask, you will jest prove a paradox. this counts in real life also. Star Trek is jest one more example of this.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:22 am

Didn't the warp core breach of the Pasteur have something to do with it, as well?

Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Post by Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:10 am

Lousy science vessels. Plenty of warships blew up in the Dominion war, and they never caused any temporal thingamadoohickeys.

war > peace

Return to “Homeworld Trek”