Kadeshi Void + Raiders Ascendant Union

A mod that makes the Raiders a playable race along with lots of totally new ships to boot!

Moderator: Captain Pierce

InocPrime

Post by InocPrime » Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:03 pm

I was thinking recently about the possibility of eventually combining our two mods to make an alternate version of the upcoming Turanic Raiders vs. Kadeshi Mod. Since the TvsK Mod will be obviously using ships different from many of those of our own mods, I thought it might be interesting to release an alterantive version with different ships and features.

This would of course require the following:

1) redoing either the Kadeshi or Turanic Raider mothership to fit the r1 mothership's actions.
2) giving either the Kadeshi or the Turanic Raiders the r1 research ship.

These are, in my opinion, relatively simply done. So, I hope we can follow through on this idea [img]smile.gif[/img]

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:23 pm

This is something that I personally simply don't have any interest in. One Raider vs. Kadesh mod is plenty, I see no reason for a second one.

GnomeOfKnowledge

Post by GnomeOfKnowledge » Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:03 pm

Originally posted by Captain Pierce:
This is something that I personally simply don't have any interest in. One Raider vs. Kadesh mod is plenty, I see no reason for a second one.
I agree. Maybe, instead of making another version of the mod, we could just use some of your ships and add them to the existing Raider fleet in the mod. How about that? ^_^

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:42 pm

Are you talking about putting RA ships in TvK? If so, I'd have to think that was a bad idea. TvK and RA come from very different places, and I think the Raider ships of TvK should all stay together as a package.

InocPrime

Post by InocPrime » Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:42 pm

Well, just a suggestion. Apologize if it was any bother [img]smile.gif[/img]

Del

Post by Del » Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:16 am

Besides there's always ways of playing around on your computer if you really want them together, that's how I use to play SW vs B5 a while ago when I was bored [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:03 am

Nope, no bother. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Del, I think that's how (and why) a lot of people first learned to mod--to do unusual combinations like that. ;) I remember getting bored with the Federation-only "Honor and Glory" mod, and dropping StressPuppy's TOS Klingons in for some more appropriate cannon fodder... :D

InocPrime

Post by InocPrime » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:29 am

Lol, sounds fun [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'm just thinking if Charvell gets to busy for TvsK, we might decide to give it a shot ;)

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:43 am

The Turanic side of TvK is essentially done already, though... all that I remember being missing is the heavy cruiser, and Langy would kill us all if the RA heavy cruiser went into TvK, he hates the thing... :D

InocPrime

Post by InocPrime » Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:13 am

Much more left undone as far as I know... and the Kadeshi for TvsK isn't quite done.

Return to “Raiders Ascendant”