[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Screenshots!

Screenshots!

A mod that makes the Raiders a playable race along with lots of totally new ships to boot!

Moderator: Captain Pierce

Postby Xiggy » Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:19 am

Well, we will probably never know how many people were on the Mothership that were live, but I can safely assume there had to have been more than two thousand, but no more than eight thousand..
My reasoning is, you had to have crews for the following systems on the mothership-

Command crew (Probably two shifts of twenty crew members each).

Research crew, probably about fifty scientists.

Engineering crew, again, two shifts of engineers ranging from twenty to one hundred.

Maintenace (Seperate from engineering) of about two shifts of ten.

Sensors and Navigation, two shifts of five crew members.

Construction supervisors, at least two supervisors per ship class, which is about ten in two shifts.

Combatant trainers, about twenty for optimal crew training.

Resourcer crews number about ten.

This comes out to a minimum crew of 360.

That leaves about 4640 crew left for crewing ships. (The total amount of crew for a ship will be in parentheses)

I assume all Strike craft from scout to heavy corvette require one crew member, as well as the Salvage Corvette.

Minelayer and repair corvettes require two crew members, and mutligun corvettes require three crew members.
Frigates require a command crew of at least three, and support (as in engineers) of at least ten. (13) [ A total of 260 crew is needed for five frigates of at least four different classes]

Standard Destroyers require a command crew of five, and support crew of twenty. (25) [125 for five destoyers]

Missile Destroyers require five command crew, an additional five crew members for missile guidance, and thirty support crew.(40) [200 for five missile destroyers]

Heavy Cruisers require a command crew of ten, and a support crew of thirty. (40)
[200 for five heavy cruisers]

Carriers require a command crew of twenty, twnety engineers and maintenance, plus five for resourcing, five for sensors and navigation, plus six construction supervisors. (56) [280 crew required for 5 carriers]

Total of crew needed for Frigate to Super Capital class: 1065. This leaves 3575 crew members for strike craft , boarding crew, and reserve capital ship crew members.

*whew* that took awhile..

[This message has been edited by Xiggy (edited 03 January 2003).]
Xiggy

Postby Captain Pierce » Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:44 am

Interesting... I think your crew figures on cap ships may be a bit low, but it's hard to say... maybe when we figure out the actual size (see ) we can make better guesses...
Captain Pierce

Postby Commander Metalvenom » Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:11 pm

I just love that heavy cruiser Image i think it should have more weapons tho for a ship of that size Image the mad animation is great looks menercing

------------------
Commander Metalvenom

Postby Sigma957 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:46 am

Excellent stuff so far Image

------------------
The Babylon Project-Bringing Babylon 5 to freespace2

"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here"-Walkers of Sigma957
Sigma957

Postby RL~Assassin~ » Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:50 pm

hi i new here but i come from the swnr mod forum and i have this mod too

1st off this is a HOT mod and you guys have done a great job!!!!!!

2nd i agree that turanics(my fav race) should not have energy canons cause they need to steal it first and i hate them, yes i hate energy canons and they should recind them from the game entirely, i pray they don't show up in homeworld 2

3rd those crew #s are, IMO, COMPLETELY OFF!!!! i would AT LEAST double them for all ships (except fighters of course)
side note of this-->um... a mothership...of that size...with a total of 20 maintainence crew!!!!!!! it would need AT LEAST 50 ppl just to keep the toilets running on a thing that size!!! we're talkin something half the size of a super star destroyer here not the S.S. Minno!!!

once again, the mod is great, plz make the new destroyer (to replace tiadaan model) a ship with MANY tiadaan destroyer and frigate guns, i think it will look cool to see a ship bristling with 15 turrets all firing in a different direction

------------------
Here is the price of freedom: Your every drop of courage, ounce of pain, pint of blood. Paid in advance. - Sebastian Lee,"The Rising Tide" AFC 271(Andromeda)

"None shall pass."-Last words of Jedi Knight Ganner Rhysode before defeating dozens of Yuuhzahn Vong warriors

[This message has been edited by RL~Assassin~ (edited 09 January 2003).]
RL~Assassin~

Postby Tumbleweednpaper » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:38 am

HWShipyards:
Avatars (Kushan Heavy Cruiser) are the stars of any Kushan fleet that can afford the massive resources required to build and crew them. The ship's complement--150 engineers, gunners and command crew positions aboard a Heavy Cruiser--are the choicest assignments throughout the fleet, and even more vied-for than bridge positions aboard the Mothership.
Tumbleweednpaper

Postby Captain Pierce » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:40 am

Which, of course, is just as made-up as Xiggy's stats... Image
Captain Pierce

Postby Captain Pierce » Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:52 am

Ok, I'm going to bump this for this little bit of info:

This may or may not work; it's a schematic of the HW2 Assault Frigate from IGN, showing a crew "compliment" of 25. (I wasn't an English major, but shouldn't that be "complement?") Now, it's hard to compare this to the HW assault frigate since we don't how the sizes compare, but I thought it was interesting...
Captain Pierce

Postby Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:32 pm

More support for my theory that the Kushan are giants!
Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Postby Captain Pierce » Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:04 pm

All right, no more Robotech before bed for you, young man... Image
Captain Pierce

PreviousNext

Return to Raiders Ascendant