[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Where are we?

Where are we?

A mod that makes the Raiders a playable race along with lots of totally new ships to boot!

Moderator: Captain Pierce

Postby Commander Jones » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:29 pm

Yeah thanks Durandel for the team colors info. I'll have to give that a try. My experiments ended up with there being a team color, it was just that it was the same color no matter what your settings were.

[size="1"][ 30. July 2004, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Commander Jones ][/size]
Commander Jones

Postby Durandel » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:22 pm

Durandel

Postby Commander Jones » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:24 pm

At the time I thought it was yellow, but now that I think about it it probably was white, and just looked yellow because of the lighting on the level. So that would be a yes.

[size="1"][ 31. July 2004, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Commander Jones ][/size]
Commander Jones

Postby Durandel » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:30 pm

I've had the "white ship" issue with HWC. I was testing out ships by putting them in test directories. When I did this the team`colours all went white during gameplay regardless for settings. When I transfered the ships to their proper directories the team colours worked properly again. For example:

RACE_BEAST\myTestShip\ = White Ships
RACE_BEAST\bHeavyCruiser\ = Team Colours work

It seems that the team colour system is hard coded for the standard directories only.
Durandel

Postby Cleron » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:52 am

Actually the far jump thing while a little hard at first to accept actually fits very well into the story. There's no reason they would have brought the core with them on there exile other wise. The ships had no hyperspace ability & if there were many such devices id think they would have tried to ship as many as possible. Many races have developed Jump Tech in the HW universe, what this is however is the holy grail of Jump Tech. As explained in the back story it's tactical advantages are massive. A good example is SW's Hyperspace compared to ST's Warp. One you can cross a galaxy with and the other will take you around 100+ years to do what the above dose in a days/months.

I do have my beefs with the game though. The lack of usable Megs, the lack of races or at the very least the remains of races. The lack of guns on bentus or an explanation as to WHY there's only one ship left. They might not use weapons to force people anymore but that never stopped them defending them selves in either cat or HW. Etc Etc, my list is quite a long one but i feel most of the blame should be thrown at sierra, they disrupted the development of the game.. probably more then many of us know. Any one who was there waiting would know just how crazy things got. It's very sad but i see little to reason that it should stop you making a mod that old folks like me would really really like to see. The Raiders are part of HW, it is less with out them.
Cleron

Postby Durandel » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:42 pm

Was my information any help?
Durandel

Postby Captain Pierce » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:37 pm

Not in this case, no--I've never used that custom directory name thing, everything in RA is standard HW folder naming...
Captain Pierce

Previous

Return to Raiders Ascendant