Problems

A mod that makes the Raiders a playable race along with lots of totally new ships to boot!

Moderator: Captain Pierce

SyntaxVorlon

Post by SyntaxVorlon » Mon May 26, 2003 3:10 pm

I've found some problems with the new release, content problems.

1: The Destroyers, the standard is the size of a frigate and the miss. is the right size.

2: The engine flare, on a lot of ships the engine flare is the wrong size and shape, the fact. ship has one that is only half the diameter of the width of its engine.

------------------
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon May 26, 2003 4:00 pm

1. The missile destroyer is actually rather too large for a destroyer. Image Our theory (and haven't I just explained this somewhere? Image ) is that the Raiders don't have a proper destroyer chassis, and so built the missile destroyer from a carrier chassis, and the destroyer from a frigate hull. So the sizes are right where we want them.

2. We're still well beta, things like this will be fixed by the time we get to 1.0...

SyntaxVorlon

Post by SyntaxVorlon » Mon May 26, 2003 4:11 pm

1: Well alright, but maybe you could make it a bit bigger. Or perhaps out of old torpdest chassis

2: You've practically modded the ENTIRE R2 line up, I can't fathom what you might want more to put in.

3: New problem, maybe there should be a better siege cannon explosion, perhaps something like the new ship explosions they came up with for HW recently elsewhere in the community, or ask SvK. Because if the shot just disappears in an instantaneous flash like any other bullet, then it sort of loses its quality of incredible destructive value.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon May 26, 2003 5:24 pm

We're not done until we've modded the ENTIRE R2 lineup... Image well, OK, entire minus one--I'm not going near the damned research ship... Image

SvK was supposed to be working on a hit effect, wonder he knocked off to with it... Image

[This message has been edited by Captain Pierce (edited 26 May 2003).]

SyntaxVorlon

Post by SyntaxVorlon » Tue May 27, 2003 1:57 am

All you have left is:
Repair Corvette (Hmmm I wonder what that'll be, can you say yet another raider corvette rehash?)
Resource Collector
Research Module (Come on, it's not that hard just keep it in the same basic shape and you'll be fine, even Zeelich has one)
Prox Sens
Sens Array
Grav Gen
Cloak Gen

There 7, and not at all that hard to come up with some new designs.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:04 am

Just to give you an idea of where we are:

Repair corv: really no idea yet at this point

Collector: couple of ideas, none that have really worked yet

Research: I'm serious, I'm not bloody going near this one. It's completely effed up. I'm sorry to say this, but it's one thing I think Relic really screwed the pooch on. The Kushan one is cool, the way the segments come together, but then they just lumped the Taiidan one together apparently without thinking of the fact that they'd programmed the engine for SIX research ships rather than FOUR. Image

Prox sens: basically done, just some final model/texture tweaks to go

Sens array: model complete, texturing not begun, and Lord knows what the .mad will be like... Image

Grav gen: again, no friggin' clue on this one

Cloak gen: we have the beginnings of an idea for this that will be great if it works Image

Cleron

Post by Cleron » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:24 am

Mmmm well i think every one knows where i stand with the Support frig and Torp Des so lets movie on...

1. The missile frig dose not function well in the DFG slot and never will it has and always will get far to close to enemy ships witch pretty much renders it usesles unless you want a fleet of raming ships, The Cloak gen or even grav gen is a far better slot... they DO have a size restriction of about 1000 meters but the MF is well under that.

2. Limited missiles is the worst feature of this mod, buy a ship use it only to find it running out of missiles along the line but these ships don't just have to dock to get new missiles (witch would be fair) they have to be retired and rebuilt... witch not only costs you money (retiring a ship is not a 1-1 conversion of RU's) it also cost's time. If you want to add the time delay MC's Mf's etc suffer just add in a burst fire time/wait time.

3. Frigate and Destroyer turrets don't have any virtical movment while both kushan variants have a 10+ -10 witch allows the turrets to target ships not directly infront of the ship/turret LOF

4.The Attack bomber only fires one Plasma Bomb vs the kushans 2 for every 2.7 sec Image of course the raider ship dose have two small pee shooters witch tend to add up in groups however they don't really have a huge fire arc.

5. The destroyer is too small. The fact that they needed arrays for a 1.5 sec burst on the IAF dosen't exactly fill me with hope that they could build a ship simply twice as fat with two ions 2 PB's and 4 turrets Image

There's plenty id change.. well not really just a few things Image but the ones posted above are the ones i feel need looking at the most and there also in order from most important to least from what ive seen playing the game.

------------------

Return to “Raiders Ascendant”