Proposal...

A mod that makes the Raiders a playable race along with lots of totally new ships to boot!

Moderator: Captain Pierce

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:43 pm

Sounds good to me, I'm up for it.

I'm going to be getting a graphics tablet soon too, nifty for all those brand spanking new hand-drawn textures that will be needed. :D

Damn, texturing classes at uni are spoiling me!

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:44 pm

Was hoping you'd happen by, Meurig... you've already done some work on the Taiidan destroyer, right?

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:38 am

Indeed he has. I'm just wondering if he's had a chance to work on it since he lost his net access...

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:54 am

I havent done any more on it, but its there on my hard drive and as a result of my Maya modelling classes my modelling is speeding up dramatically (in both Maya AND lightwave) because I am understanding quicker ways to do everything, so with just a few hours of solid work at it I reckon I could finish the thing.
I do have a lot of uni projects at the moment though, but most of them are due after christmas so I may be able to afford to take it a bit more easy.

The bunch of new hardware that I ordered this afternoon will help massively with the whole process too (more RAM, 4mp digital camera, graphics tablet), so with any luck I shouldnt be lagging too much.

Pierce, if all goes to plan, I should be online by tomorrow evening on my own PC, if youre about on ICQ keep an eye out for me as I may be around.

Also, my Maya Cd has a plugin which exports between common 3d formats, I havent had a chance to check it out yet but if I'm lucky there will be a .lwo - .mb option, in which case I can up the quality and down the modelling time.

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:55 am

K, I'll look for ya... [img]smile.gif[/img]

And that Maya CD wouldn't by any chance be the 3.0 version, would it? :D

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:25 pm

5.0, which i gather is 'unfortunate'. Its the one im using at uni though.

And forget seeing me on ICQ, my primary HD just failed.
I CAN access MSN on this other PC though, look me up on it.

Return to “Raiders Ascendant”